Audio Suggest headphone around 6k !!!

Scorpy

Adept
Well I want to buy some awesome headphones in 6k range :p ... I have a Xonar Essence STX to power the headphone and budget is well as I mentione ~6k ..

I thought of going for HD555 and someone even told me AD700 are good but they have no bass .. or very little bass ... I don't want uber high bass but at least I wanna feel how much ever of the thump I can in a song ..

I do heave gaming and listen to all kinds of music .. .except that very less of rock ... more like no rock,metal or whatever u call it .. :p ...

Please suggest if there are any better in the range or I am looking at HD555 now :D .

You can try the Audio Technica M35 for 3.3k. They are well balanced headphones. If you want heavy bass with a slightly dark sound then you can even try the Audio Technica M50s.

I liked the AD700s but I felt the bass was lacking with my limited time with them.

Haven't heard the Senn HD555 but I have read in lots of places that they are not VFM headphones.

guys i bought hd555 for 6k .:D ... m50 was also a nice choice ... but they are closed and people told me to try open ones cos ill hear somewhat clearer sound :S ... but lets see ... ill check hd555 for now :D ... thanks for the suggestions :D

Congrats on the purchase Scorpy. Let us know how is the HD555 with the xonar stx. I'm sure the Stx can drive them very very easily. Do describe the resultant sound signature. I was gonna recommend the Audio-Technica line-up like the M35, A700, M50 for your budget.

The really good senns are all 200$+, too bad for the wallet eh ;)

Back