Suggest horror movies

Well I never liked horror movies as mostly I have seen those Ramsay movies which made me laugh instead of scaring.Just now seen "Exorcism of Emily rose" and it scared the shit out of me.I want to watch more horror movies.Preferably the ones with good story.I don't like movies in which the ghost/demon jut kills everyone for no reason at all.Please don't suggest any bollywood movies.

Well if you want some real horror, and not the run-of-the-mill ghost stories or the regular cabin murder flicks, look no further than French and Japanese horror movies. These two countries are where the original horror masterpieces are coming from.

Japan - Audition, Shutter.
France: Frontieres, Inside (À l'intérieur), Martyrs, The Orphanage.

Others: The Deaths of Ian Stone, The Abandoned, Tooth & Nail. These are part of the After Dark Horror Fest.

Off the top of my head:
Mirrors
Case 39
A Nightmare on Elm Street (2010) (Watch the 80's series if possible)
4Bia (Thai horror)
Dead Silence
The Amityville Horror
An American Haunting
The Messengers 2
Jeepers Creepers
Jeepers Creepers 2

I assume you might have already seen most of the 80's classic horror, so won't be repeating that.

Watch John Carpenter's movie such as The Thing, In the mouth of Madness. Well they are not entirely horror , but really sends a chill. Also watch Event Horizon.

The Sorcerer said:
REC (Spanish), The red shoes, descent, dark water, 1973's The exorcist. You can go for event horizon if you want to.
@OP REC, Now REC 2 both are good movies. Try "Grudge" series, and please don't include AVP into horror.

Psycho.

The shining.

And My fav "Shaun of the dead". It's not a horror exactly, but One of the best horror-comedy one would have seen

Back