Suggest HTS: Yamaha vs Onkyo vs Sony vs Philips vs Pioneer

nikhilpoddar

Disciple
Hi guys,

i want to buy a home theater system for my living room which is around 14*12 in size. My maximum budget is Rs. 20,000. It would be used mainly for watching movies and occasionally listening music.

People in some forum say that sony, philips, panasonic, lg, etc. is not even comparable to the ones mentioned above. Is it true ??

If yes, please suggest the best model within my budget.

Get an Onkyo 3300 HTiB. It was for 19990 in chroma under some special offer. mind you this has not got any source into it as compared to cheaper offerings like Sony/Philips but the AVR is pretty good and speakers are also decent for Movies. If you can spend a little more then there is Onkyo 3400 and Denon HTiB(dont remember the exact model). Last time I checked they were for 25K and 28K respectively with Denon having a Active SUB and both the AVR were having True HD decoding along with loads of HDMi inputs options.

I am personally using Onkyo 3400 in a 16x14 room and its good enough for that. Mind you Music quality of all the above is average and nothing great. For a demo go to the nearest HiFi shop instead of big retail chains as they wont have them setup properly.

Mind you Music quality of all the above is average and nothing great. For a demo go to the nearest HiFi shop instead of big retail chains as they wont have them setup properly.

+1 for that.
Better not to tune HT setup for music. Thats the world of Hifi Pairs ( left and right speakers only)

Back