Audio Suggest IEM for Ipod touch 2G, budget 5k

raksrules

Elite
One of my friends has a ipod touch 2G and needs to buy a new set of IEMs to be used with it. He has a budget of 5K and please consider that he will not be interested in having any sort of amplifier in between.
He has zeroed down to Senheisser CX 300 II precision and Bose in ear ones. He is bit adament on these two choices as of now but is open to other options.
Please suggest accordingly.

Klipsch S4 the best bass and musical IEMs one can get under 5k .:D Rest of my suggestions will require an amp to shine so for someone who is not looking at serious audiophile quality sound .The S4 is a perfect choice.

Couple more you can look at at fisher eternia and fisher silver bullet...no idea is lynx has them in stock though

clieOS highly recod these 2

fockerunleashed said:
well am using the bose in ear's and am pretty satisfied ...
havnt heard the ones mentioned above so cant compare ... let others who have experience decide

Utter crap.
even the CX300s are better than that bs.

If you can source the Fischer Audio Eterna for ~3k ish from Lynx(provided they have stock :p).. then that's the best option or else the Klipsch S4 is available from Prashaant dealer on TE .Price is somewhere ~4k.. Check his Sennheiser and Klipsch product thread .:)

Ok i will let my friend know about these options. But he has heard Bose in ears from someone in our company and has fallen for them. But that is probably because he is not much acquinted with other brands and hence going with the ones which are hyped.

Yeesh, Faheem and me checked out the Bose in-ear earphones. They were very ordinary and not worth anything much. :(

In fact even their headphones were pretty much rubbish. They are not for people who want sound quality.

^ True that ..Me and BF1983 went to the Bose store the other day for a casual listening. The In-ears were the worst Ive tried till date ..I am not exaggerating when I say,I would prefer a SoundMagic PL-11 instead of the crap I heard.The whole design and fit itself was flawed..

I wonder how your friend loved them.. maybe he tried some other model :S ..The one I tried was for about 5k..

Even the Bose cans that we tried were mediocre in terms of sound but once you see the price tag , you feel they are crap for the price ! The only and only good thing about the BOSE cans was the active noise cancellation technology incorporated..Even with big speakers blasting in the background , the headphones canceled out almost 70-80% of noise.

I really really pity those who spend so much moolah on Bose , wish someone could educate them about brands such as Audio Techicia ,AKG etc ..even Sennheiser are better !

image S4 are the best you can get under 7K if you ask me !! ....and the good news is they are really 4K ....buy them from prashant (as i did )

...i have been using these for 7 months now and i am really happy i invested in them.

i wont be spending on inears for ears to come .... ...next up full sized ones

Lol, no highs no lows, must be BOSE (Better Off with Something Else)!

Jokes aside, I just got the NuForce Ne-7M and seem to be loving it! If you're a basshead like me, get the Nuforce and save your money!

Go checkout the review(s) on Headfi, many consider it to be the best IEM in the $100 range.

Yeah I had once tried some Bose IEM costing around 5k and it was crap.

Anyways, both those choices are horrible ones.

Get the Klipsch Image S4. It's the best you will find in this price range. A couple others are also good, but since your friend doesn't want any amp business, S4 is the best choice.

Someone had mentioned he had got the S4 from Lamington road for cheaper for around 3.5-3.6k. If not found there, you can get it from praashant in dealer section.

FaH33m said:
If you can source the Fischer Audio Eterna for ~3k ish from Lynx(provided they have stock :p)..

Unless one wants to experience the meaning of "eternal waiting", Eternas can be skipped. They were supposed to be here last week. I am very sure it's going to be here next week or next-to-next week :p.

Amaresh said:
Lol, no highs no lows, must be BOSE (Better Off with Something Else)!

Jokes aside, I just got the NuForce Ne-7M and seem to be loving it! If you're a basshead like me, get the Nuforce and save your money!

Go checkout the review(s) on Headfi, many consider it to be the best IEM in the $100 range.

What happened to your RE-2 ? How do you find the NE7 compared to RE-2 ? I thought there wouldn't be a big step other than better bass since the NE-6 and NE-7 are basically the same with extra mic on NE7 and according to reviews the NE-6 is in the leagues of RE-2 itself .

Under 100$ ,its the RE-0 which takes the crown , you have to hear it to believe it .;)

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. I gave the link to this thread to my friend (he is not on TE) and is doing his research now. He has read couple of good reviews of the Klipsch S4 and is inclined towards that now. I suppose prashanth is selling this for like 4K.

FaH33m said:
What happened to your RE-2 ? How do you find the NE7 compared to RE-2 ? I thought there wouldn't be a big step other than better bass since the NE-6 and NE-7 are basically the same with extra mic on NE7 and according to reviews the NE-6 is in the leagues of RE-2 itself .

Under 100$ ,its the RE-0 which takes the crown , you have to hear it to believe it .;)

I actually lost mine...it seems they fell out of my pocket somehow :/

The reason why I went in for the NE-7M was primarily because of its iPhone compatibility.

I do agree with the notion that the RE2's offer a more balanced sound. However, I listen to a lot of rock and the extra bass that the NE7M offers doesn't make me miss my RE2 at all :p

As for RE-0, we're taking on a different level altogether...OP if you have $79 to spare then get the RE-0 with both eyes closed.

^ Don't suggest him the RE-0 .. It doesn't really sound so great without an amp and on stock ,it's a bit too neutral to enjoy music :|. My research on the RE-0 and RE-252 is still in process :p

Back