Audio Suggest IEM for Ipod touch 2G, budget 5k

@Faheem
Amplifier is something that he would not want in between so see if you and others can suggest ones which do not need amps to get max out of the earphones.

Amaresh said:
@Faheem : Is it worth spending another $15 for Comply tips ?

I would personally say no.I tried them at Jaben and did not like the fit.Do not get the tips if some one has suggested because the tips are subjective to the size of the ear .I also thought they would be good but they were not.Do not get it :no::no:

OT: I wanna try bose and write a review on them :bleh:

^ Now again He can't just avoid them because they didn't you well or sound good to you ? You contradict yourself dude :p. Did you try it with RE1 ? In that case its likely they won't sound good cause RE1 is already quite laidback and the foams must have reduced the detailing.

@ Amaresh , I personally haven't tried the Comply T-400 but have tried various other foam tips and find them to be most comfortable . Also foam tips reduce fatigue,let you use IEMs for longer hrs and make the sound signature bit laidback.It also makes the treble a bit smooth but depends on IEMs if its a pro or con... in some cases it might reduce the detailing as well. Also with a perfect fitting with foam tips , the bass can get slightly more solid .

That said ,the T-400 are one of the most recommended foam tips along with Shure Olives ! Weather they would suit you or not , is something only you can try and tell us ;).

If you want to try something cheaper , you can order the Shure olives from here.

Shure 2 Replacement Foam Sleeves Med F/SCL3 SCL4 SCL5 - eBay (item 110487365755 end time Mar-29-10 12:37:28 PDT)

FWIW, I am using Phonak PFE with the (custom made for PFE) Complys. They are very comfortable and as Faheem said, I can use it for long hours.

But, they tend to get dirty easily. Since I am using it sparingly, they have lasted me a month now. But some of the head-fiers report that they last only a couple of weeks for regular use. In that case, over the long term, it would be uneconomical to continue paying $$$ to Comply Foams.

You can try Shure Olives though. They are much more durable, washable and should last a while.

Only if Sony had cared to sell it's hybrids size wise, that would have been another option. This guy has it. But he wouldn't ship to India normally.

first of all iem's depend purely on the type of music u like..u might buy a 10k premium iem but still feel ure good ol ep-630's are better thn it
for 5k ure best option would be
1. head-direct re0 + fiio e5=around 5k
these are dynamic driver based and hence the high impedance makes it essential to have an amp
i personally own these and believe me they make classic rock,electronic,acoustic type of music sound pure nirvana to the ears

2. klipsch image s4--around 4k
good for rock music..the base is punchy
3. Ultimate Ears studio 5- 5k if u get a good deal at e-bay
one of the best iem's but might be over ure budget if u include the import charges etc
4. head direct re-2- around 4k again
good balanced iem's..get them if u cant get the re0

I have a a pair of Ultimate Ear Super Fi 5 EB and Sony EX85's and the FI5's are my darlings.

h*tp://cgi.ebay.com/Brand-New-Ultimate-Ear-Super-Fi-5-EB-Earphone-White_W0QQitemZ280456819081QQcmdZViewItemQQptZOther_MP3_Player_Accessories?hash=item414c877189

EB means extended bass dont know much about the non EB ones but these are very good totally worth the $140 and they run my EX85 to the ground.

^ sorry my bad :)..i was actually referring to the re1 which is available for 4k(lynx)..

ive heard the re2 and there not that big a progression as the s4 and re0 are

i wish we had a place like jaben at Singapore where we get to audition the equipment before buying..ive been there and that place is heaven for audiophiles!..

ultimately its up to the type of music u listen to..so pick carefully

FaH33m said:
^ True that ..Me and BF1983 went to the Bose store the other day for a casual listening. The In-ears were the worst Ive tried till date ..I am not exaggerating when I say,I would prefer a SoundMagic PL-11 instead of the crap I heard.The whole design and fit itself was flawed..

I wonder how your friend loved them.. maybe he tried some other model :S ..The one I tried was for about 5k..

Even the Bose cans that we tried were mediocre in terms of sound but once you see the price tag , you feel they are crap for the price ! The only and only good thing about the BOSE cans was the active noise cancellation technology incorporated..Even with big speakers blasting in the background , the headphones canceled out almost 70-80% of noise.

I really really pity those who spend so much moolah on Bose , wish someone could educate them about brands such as Audio Techicia ,AKG etc ..even Sennheiser are better !

^B1tch! Forgot Grado...

:p (oops forgot the smiley, Faheem would cry!)

^ I haven't heard any Grado's till date ,someone's gonna let me audition his SR225i soon ..:D.

wait have you upgraded the SR225 as well ? :|

Btw i think i forgot to mention, my friend bought the Klipsch S4 for around 4.5k from a shop in Pune. He is very happy with his buy and has said a big thanks to all you guys who helped him with his new IEMs.

^again thats based on personal opinion..pairing re-2 with a fiio e5 would no doubt increase the sound quality a bit..but if u like bass in ure music,Thn the bass increaser on the e5 would make ure music sound muddy and would ruin the sound..it becomes too 1-dimensional in my opinion

HEAD DIRECT which manufactures re0,1,2 and re252 never intended these iem's for heavy bass type of music..these have more analytical/flat response that let the user hear the details in the music and feel the amount of work that goes into making the music work :)

my advise..save another 1k and spend ure money on an s4

^ Klipsch S4 would be better.

raksrules said:
Btw i think i forgot to mention, my friend bought the Klipsch S4 for around 4.5k from a shop in Pune. He is very happy with his buy and has said a big thanks to all you guys who helped him with his new IEMs.

Congrats to your friend. But isn't that price a little bit high? praashant is selling it for 4k, he's from Pune too.

Buy the KLIPSCH IMAGE S4 coz its the best at the price range it can beat the some of the top shure models in sound quality . Dont buy the S4i because it has a lot of problems in remote . am using S4 from past 10 months and it comes with 2yrs warranty . :)

Back