Suggest ISP solution for Small Business

We are looking for some good long term solutions for our ISP need.

MTNL would be our backup line but still need something cheap for daily usage.

Looking for min 1Mbps speed and may be WiMax.
If you could suggest reliable ISP along with the contact no.

All this time I was looking for TATA 1mbps connection. We really want to go for WiMax connection but the guys who come to our office have no idea what we are talking about. Again if any one of you have some contacts please let me know.
Thanks.

Hmm I wont suggest going wimax... its still in early stage. Instead go for Tata Indicom and have your own Wifi router, best go for wired one, else you will need to install multiple router (or higher bandwidth hardware) to support multiple machines.

~LT

siddharth_menon said:
Thanks.

But we are setting up at place where cabling is difficult.
So WiMax would be instant solution.
Could someone help me with contacts ?

Again as Linuxtechie suggested, you can take a 1mbps connection, and hook up a wifi router, and if the range is not enough, you can add access points, this option depends on how big ur office is, and if its on the same floor, either way the routers/access points will do the job.

Jasku said:
Again as Linuxtechie suggested, you can take a 1mbps connection, and hook up a wifi router, and if the range is not enough, you can add access points, this option depends on how big ur office is, and if its on the same floor, either way the routers/access points will do the job.

Oh ... when I said problems with cabling I ment last mile cabling.
As for the office we have used CISCO Aironet Access Points, the internal network works really smooth. But as I said we need good ISP and since our office is in restricted area getting TATA broadband cables to our office would mean taking lots of permission etc. So WiMax suits best for us, we can always get the fixed cabling done later, but WiMax would be an instant solution.

All I need is the right person whom I can contact for the same. ;)

Wimax is yet to see its first monsoon in Mumbai.

I do have Reliance Wimax connection and for me its working great. Hardly any downtime. And if any its usually on Sunday for maintenance once a month for few hours at night.

Contact on this no. The guy should be able to guide you.

I forgot his name though.

Code:

This is the guy who setup entire connection at my place and solved any issues I have faced till date.

Monsoon in Mumbai can wreck havoc at times as you know so I am really keen to see how this connection works. Thats the only reason I am yet to disconnect my MTNL ADSL connection.

I have same problem as yours. No last mile connectivity from other major ISPs.

Funky do you have any other contact by chance ? Cause I called up this guy his name is Raju. I had asked him to come to our office two days back. He has not responded till now, I call him up every day.

Where did u call to get the connection?

Back