Video Suggest Lcd Tv

SharekhaN

Skilled
Hi ,

I and one of my friends want to go in for a LCD Tv , I have a budget of around 35thousand .

Looking for as much estate in terms of screen as possible .

Currently we are looking at a 26 inch Bravia LCD S series for 29thousand at Alfa , Andheri , Mumbai .

PLease recommend something else you might know better and cheaper .

Will be used as a primary display on my PC , main purpose of PC , HD movies , Light gaming . PS2 will also be used and probably future consoles .

Dude, seriously, don't use it as a replacement for your 19" LCD... hook it up to your PC for movies and that's about it :p

yup.

The dot pitch is much higher in LCD TVs, this makes them unsuitable to be used as a PC monitor. You really dont want a LCD TV to be your primary monitor.

Hmm , here i thought i could do away with my LCD FP ,

I am going on for a Demo tomorrow .
Lets see how that works tomorrow , taking a laptop for checking .

RiO said:
Dude, seriously, don't use it as a replacement for your 19" LCD... hook it up to your PC for movies and that's about it :p
Funky said:
yup.
The dot pitch is much higher in LCD TVs, this makes them unsuitable to be used as a PC monitor. You really dont want a LCD TV to be your primary monitor.
Ya- even i was in the same dilemna as Dell2407/2707 or a 32" LCD TV that roughly costs the same or less.:ashamed:

my friend has lcd 40 size

but color are not clear

u need hdmi lcd are better for view eye angel

I did go to Sumaria and the Sony Shop today .

Movies look fabulous , tried animation , llive action . checked cable input as well , was impressed overall .

prices in showroom quoted at 62000 . 1 year warranty . Weighs around 15 kgs max .

i connected it to the PC . was ok

very vivid , but not we are most accustomed to . so i would probably not sell of my lcd so fast unless i am utterly convinced i dont leed my lcd flatpanel .

But the LCD tv is definately a good buy at 37000 in grey .

hmmm i just had a call from the guy that gets this done . it seems the last LCD was picked up by some other gentleman who was willing to pay 500 rs extra . He said new lot by tomorrow morning and delivery soon after . So i a guessing it should be there by atleast tomorrow evening .
Still in good time before saturday .
nuke , is your xbox modded , and r u getting it by any chance ?

ill get the xbox...no idea if its modded...never had an ahem copy of a game to test it out with :p

still, i have dead or alive4, battlefield2 and a couple more games

bombaybaba said:
Its Sony U series 32 " from Alpha.

hey is tat a u or a v?? cause i checkd on sony india website an thers no u series there?? anyways man i feel so frustrated, just about 1.5 months back i bought a 26" samsung 4 32k, wish i would have known bout these massive grey market price diffs, anyways just check your model and if its v series try and get the v300a/b ( i guess its a newer model).
Cheers enjoy mate!!:hap2:

Don't know if you can get them in India, but LG makes awesome LCD tv's, and good bang for the buck. I have an LG 42" I bought about 6 months ago, and I love it.

The V series is expensive . it is at 46000 at grey for 32 inches .

The obvious color difference is there . Its brighter and white is good on it . However i have read up on these quite a bit .

The problem with this is that the brighter you keep these LCD's at , the greater the chance of its Lamp going Kaput .

I have professionally calibrated settings that i found online , that i intend to use to get the best out my LCD .

It should be great for movies and games . expect a review for PC experience and websurfing . :)

Back