Video Suggest Lcd Tv

SharekhaN said:
The V series is expensive . it is at 46000 at grey for 32 inches .

The obvious color difference is there . Its brighter and white is good on it . However i have read up on these quite a bit .

The problem with this is that the brighter you keep these LCD's at , the greater the chance of its Lamp going Kaput .

I have professionally calibrated settings that i found online , that i intend to use to get the best out my LCD .

It should be great for movies and games . expect a review for PC experience and websurfing . :)
dont worry the V series is got power saving mode which reduces power consumption and also decreases the backlight to minimum.the sony V series has a backlight rated at 60000hrs.so even with the backlight set to 50% & watch tv for 6hrs a day it will last for 15years.
anyway i have set the backlight to the minimum and i have to tell u picture quality is very good i have personally compared the V series and the U series.but the V series is better thanks to its Bravia engine.the U series doesnt have a bravia engine.when i tested the two tvs with the movie incredibles there was slight disturbance in the U series in Mr incredible mouth when he is speaking is mouth has motion artifacts because the U series doesnt have any processing not even 3d com filter.but in the V series there is no such thing.and once u set the color space to wide the reds and greens are so punchy i havent seen red like that.thanks to the V series wide gamut color. i also bought the the V series for 46000 in bangalore.

hehe, well thats where i wont mind disagreeing wit u. Anyways listen i was wondering if uv got the lcd, could u give a short review of it? and also if possible can u find out the price for the sony vpl aw15 (3lcd) projector from him(alfa) as i really want to buy a projector, dont really enjoy the lcd as much as i thot i would.

Hi ,

The 3D comb filter is useful only while watching mpeg 1 videos . its of no use otherwise . possible for analouge content like indian cable probably .

yes the V series has a better color gamut but its also 10000 rs priceier . no doubt its the better of the lot ,

I will surely do a small review .
You get only what you pay for . 37000 is a very good price decent 32 inch LCD tv that too from Sony .

We will all see in 2 days or so :)

well the U series has a cmo MVA panel and the V series has a S lcd SPVA panel.
actually i myself wanted to buy the U series first but after seeing them side by side i lost the intrest of buying the U series.

anyway guys very shotly u will see a new product coming up in a months time the sony S series KLV-32S310A it has all the features of V series except the wide gamot color but has BRAVIA engine and a SPVA panel and twin HDMI will costs 4000 less then the V series.

I donno now what all the hell means .

to my surprise , the Tv was waiting for me when i got home .

PC looks fine , movies look fabulous .

I am in love again .

and guys for those of u who dont have a ps3 for upscaling dvd. buy the sony DVP-NS78H its upscalses to 1080p,720p via hdmi.the pictures realy looks good in this player both on U and V series.

SharekhaN said:
Hi ,

I and one of my friends want to go in for a LCD Tv , I have a budget of around 35thousand .

Looking for as much estate in terms of screen as possible .

Currently we are looking at a 26 inch Bravia LCD S series for 29thousand at Alfa , Andheri , Mumbai .

PLease recommend something else you might know better and cheaper .

Will be used as a primary display on my PC , main purpose of PC , HD movies , Light gaming . PS2 will also be used and probably future consoles .

hi there, if possible PLEASE can u get the rates of 3 lcd models in alfa.
1) Sony 40V300A
2) Samsung 40R8
3) Philips 42PF7421.

Thanx in advance

SharekhaN said:
I donno now what all the hell means .
to my surprise , the Tv was waiting for me when i got home .
PC looks fine , movies look fabulous .

I am in love again .

U paid the grey market price right? Maybe its stupid of me asking this...but was there any kind of warranty given? If not what are the chances of the tv going kaput? or there are always chances but very low

adder said:
and guys for those of u who dont have a ps3 for upscaling dvd. buy the sony DVP-NS78H its upscalses to 1080p,720p via hdmi.the pictures realy looks good in this player both on U and V series.

Are these upscaling players capable of upscaling only dvds or divxs as well?

well according to the customer care it does do.but i am not so sure but they are giving a free HDMI cable along with player as complimentary.

andereklyonard said:
Are these upscaling players capable of upscaling only dvds or divxs as well?

I have Philips 5960 upscaling DVD player. It does upscales DivX files. Though I dont really know, I assume that rest of upscaling players do that to DivX too.

Back