PC Peripherals Suggest me a 1 KVA UPS Which doesn't keep beeping...

BikeAdvice

Disciple
I am planning to buy an 1 KVA UPS for my LED TV. I would like to have around 30mins to 60 mins backup. While on battery the UPS should not keep beeping.

I have an APC UPS for my PC - it is good but keep beeping every 30 seconds - so it is not usable for watching the last bit of the movie when the power has gone.

AFAIK this feature is only available in "smart" series or whichever UPSs come with USB connectivity. I also have Back-UPS 600, but no such feature of switching the sound off. The feature is activated through software, UPS being connected to PC via USB cable.

^ you're right. I think the TS has apc smart ups with usb connectivity.

#bikeadvice, If using the smart ups with tv, you can connect the ups to comp via usb cable first time. install the software, disable the beeps forever in settings and then use it with tv without the usb cable. The ups wont beep when it goes on battery or any other time, only when you switch it on/off.

^ you're right. I think the TS has apc smart ups with usb connectivity.

#bikeadvice, If using the smart ups with tv, you can connect the ups to comp via usb cable first time. install the software, disable the beeps forever in settings and then use it with tv without the usb cable. The ups wont beep when it goes on battery or any other time, only when you switch it on/off.

I had the non smart version earlier too, but it dint beep, please google and check there should be a way to turn the beeps off.

Smart UPS from APC should have the option to turn the beeping off, if you have a powerchute business edition then the option comes under configuration just put the option 'Audible Alarm ' to 'Never' and click apply.

Some back UPS also have this feature, my 800va one did but my 1100va one did not it depends on the model.

Infact there were 2 800va back in the day one with the software and one without, you can guess which was slightly cheaper.

So just look up the site and be specific to but the one with the sofftware.

Via the software all kinda settings are possible....Alarms, auto shut down etc etc.

I really like APC too, but for my TV I use some local branded one, where as for my CPU I use the APC.

You can also look at other Indian options, they ain't that bad you know, and way cheaper....just a suggestion.

I have opened my UPS and remove the speaker wires. Its very simple. Ofcourse it voids your warranty.

I am planning to buy an 1 KVA UPS for my LED TV. I would like to have around 30mins to 60 mins backup. While on battery the UPS should not keep beeping.

I have an APC UPS for my PC - it is good but keep beeping every 30 seconds - so it is not usable for watching the last bit of the movie when the power has gone.

#Infected Why are you suggesting me bro?
<

Back