Car & Bike suggest me a BIKE (budget 50-80k)

amar7

Disciple
Hi guys,

Now, asking for suggestion in techenclave has become an addiction for me :p First my desktop, then my android phone, then camera and then laptop...

Anyways, here I am again, asking for suggestion to buy a bike. My budget is between 50-80K.. I am not that into bikes, but still...

Few months back I planned to buy CBR250.. But had to change my mind because of the price and maintenance cost.

My requirements:
decent mileage
sporty look(not too much)
medium height (I am 5"5)

I am very much into Stunner, but few are telling its not that good. Next comes Unicorn.. Apache is also in my list...

So please post your valuable suggestions, if possible, please specify the price (I m frm Bangalore).

Thanks

If your budget is upto 80k then you can try the following :

1>FZ-S

2> Pulsar 220

3>Fazer

If you can increase your budget then get a R15.

BTW who told you that maintenance cost of CBR250R is high?

The bike still hasnt been launched.

Hi, thanks for the reply :)

All the bikes you explained above has pathetic mileage.. aren't they??

My frnd is having pulser 220.. It consumes a lot of petrol :(

"BTW who told you that maintenance cost of CBR250R is high? The bike still hasnt been launched." -- Yeah I know.. I was just guessing ;)

Whats about stunner and Unicorn? They are not in your recommendation list?

Thanks

I own a apache cycle 26" 28 speed but trust me its so heavy i have to use my full strength to get full speed. Even older cycles sometimes easily overtake me.

But overall its good but quite heavy.

I suggest if you are rich buy a cycle which has new modern gears and a shock absorber beneath the seat.(those are the pro cycles which you get in the sports shop).

Honda Twister has no power at all, even when you twist the throttle wide open. Test ride the Suzuki Slingshot much better and mileage would be I guess more or less the same, not sure though but should give above 50 and fun to ride unlike the super boring honda.

If you can live with the mileage of 35 - 40 (depends on riding style, traffic, petrol quality and quantity, single or two up etc..), fz-16 a superb bike to ride around in the city and would be one of the best bets. If you have plans to ride for longer hours the fazer should be better! (test ride all the bikes in your budget, you should not regret your decision, even though the choice is limited, cos I am not paying for the bike or take the blame for the purchase :p, test ride the apache rtr 180, karizma too)

Take test ride of the bikes that you narrow down on the same day, and further take multiple test rides later on the same day of the narrowed down bikes your liking and comfort and preference for power dwlivery etc..or try to loan a bike from your friend's familly ..etc... if possible.

TVS Apache RTR 160 vs Yamaha FZ 16 - 160 degree turn

http://www.bsmotoring.com/storypage.php?autono=935

Oh i am extremelly sorry i just saw the word bike & started talking about my cycle.

Ok back to topic: You can go for either Yamaha or honda, with a digital speedometer, they are bit expensive but come in handy.
Their seats are much more comfortable. And with atleast 150 cc.

I own a Fazer and I must say I love my bike. It's so balanced and handling is superb. Note that this is my first bike... in fact I learnt driving bike on my Fazer only. Look wise it surely is a head turner. The fairing gives marginal advantage in mileage over FZ-16 by reducing air friction. I drive almost 30kms per day on highway and I find seating position very comfortable. I tried FZ-16 and found that handle bar is kinda low so it was straining my back. However, Fazer is designed for cruises and handle bar is raised up and thus seating position is relatively comfortable. Only disadvantage is that I find power is little less when you go above 60 km/hr. It will accelerate very fast below 60 km/hr but above that, it struggles. But anyways, how many times you will drive above 60 in city conditions. Overall a nice bike to own.

Back