Suggest me a mobile for Rs.12k/15k

Saiyan

The L33t Admeen
Skilled
My favourite SE k750i finally gave up on me. So am in the hunt for a new mobile.

My budget is undecided. Its either 12k or 15k.

Requirements :

A very good screen with a resolution of 240 x 320 pixels minimum.

A decent cam (w/ auto focus will be a good bonus).

GPS (i often get lost in my own city :ashamed:)

Decent audio playback

etc..

and also

Light (something which was very usefull in my k750i :lol:)

Also i won't be bothered to install (m)any apps in my mobile.

My pick so far for 12k budget is E51, though this looks kind of plain to my eyes.

My pick so far in the 15k budget is

Sony Ericsson C702 - It has everything i want so far. Only thing is that it looks a bit bulky.Energy Black color in this mobile looks good to my eyes. Though i think it cost a little too much :p Price : ~Rs.15k

Sony Ericsson - Mobile phones - Specifications - C702

Review : Sony Ericsson C702 review: Allroad Cyber-shot - GSMArena.com

Sony Ericsson G700 - Is a Touchscreen, but lacks the GPS and few other stuff thats there in C702. Costs little less than C700.

Price : 14.5k

Any suggestion from you guys :p. Am confused as usual :lol:

^Don't want a full touchscreen mobile, and i can't increase my budget. Got too many other expense. Thats said i do like the Nokia 5800 but its not for me :p

The cam in E51 is useless, and it doesn't have gps. Out of those 2 choices, go for the SE, or have a look at the nokia 6110 navigator.

+1 for the N78 for 15k, infact thats the phone im buying if the 5800 comes out overpriced.

As per your requirement...

A very good screen with a resolution of 240 x 320 pixels minimum - It has a Good Screen.

A decent cam (w/ auto focus will be a good bonus) - 3.2 MP Carl Zeius with flash

GPS (i often get lost in my own city ) - N78 has GPS

Decent audio playback - Good mp3 playback with a 3.5mm audio out jack.

Also i won't be bothered to install (m)any apps in my mobile - its S60 so apps galore :)

The keypad looks a bit weird , but once u get used to it , its easy to use the same.....

How about the Nokia N78 or Nokia 6210 in the 15k range?

Have u ever considered the Samsung i450 in the 12k range?(I am not sure if it is below 12k everywhere but in most places, it retails for around Rs.12-12.5k)

I love the E51(I recommend u buy it. It is great VFM). I mentioned the i450 since u thought the E51 to be too much plain looking. Also the i450 has a 2.4inch screen and LED flash.

hanzy said:
+1 for the N78 for 15k, infact thats the phone im buying if the 5800 comes out overpriced.

As per your requirement...

A very good screen with a resolution of 240 x 320 pixels minimum - It has a Good Screen.
A decent cam (w/ auto focus will be a good bonus) - 3.2 MP Carl Zeius with flash
GPS (i often get lost in my own city ) - N78 has GPS
Decent audio playback - Good mp3 playback with a 3.5mm audio out jack.

Also i won't be bothered to install (m)any apps in my mobile - its S60 so apps galore :)

The keypad looks a bit weird , but once u get used to it , its easy to use the same.....

exactly my thoughts. looking for n78 is 5800 is overpriced.

as he mentioned, keys arent so bad if you get used to it.

Saiyan said:
^Agreed, just checked it out. The keys are atrocious :|

ive found them way better than the n82....ive gone to croma specially to see how it is to text on the n78 keypad and it was better wat i could manage on the n82.....like i said...once u get used to they keypresses u really wouldnt know abt the keypad structure......use the phone for a while and then see :)

I won't like it, am sure about that. Also that latch for the battery cover comes in a way, it shakes when i give some pressure over there while typing.

Gonna get the G700 after lots of thoughts. All of the mobiles i have tried out today, it has a really good keypad and a touchscreen to make my life easy. Am trading off with with the GPS , no edge and wifi. Guess i can live with that :lol:. P1i is arnd 2.5k more. But am on a tight budget and need money for lot other things. Guess i'll be happy with the G700.

Saiyan said:
Am trading off with with the GPS , no edge and wife. am on a tight budget and need money for lot other things. Guess i'll be happy with the G700.

You trading your wife for a phone? :O

zhopudey said:
You trading your wife for a phone? :O

OT : typo lauf :lol: :lol:

back to the topic...i guess its wise to spend the xtra 2.5k and get the p1i IMO.....u will get good cam / touchscreen / Symbian / Wify too :lol:

Bottle edited that post damn :p. Anyways, let me think about the P1i. I need to buy the mobile tomorrow, dunno where to look for the extra 2.5k :lol:

Back