Less than 10K Suggest me the best Android One Phone

kb.tendulkar

Disciple
Jul 11, 2010
Hi Guys,

I was planning to buy Android one Phone. I am little bit confused between these phones. Please suggest me which one to buy. I watched below comparison video and found that Micromax or Spice would be great buy. But let me know your thoughts on this.

http://www.android.com/one/india/

Thanks!

Spacescreamer

ex-Mod
Jan 23, 2006
Read about the sound quality of MMX A1 not being upto the mark, both while listening to calls, or when the person on the other side heard your voice. Hence voted for Karbonn.

If the issue with A1 gets resolved (maybe the test/initial piece have problems), or isnt true, then it is the better option imo.

kb.tendulkar

Disciple
Jul 11, 2010
Read about the sound quality of MMX A1 not being upto the mark, both while listening to calls, or when the person on the other side heard your voice. Hence voted for Karbonn.

If the issue with A1 gets resolved (maybe the test/initial piece have problems), or isnt true, then it is the better option imo.

Ok, but what about the Spice Dream UNO? Is it good to buy?

kb.tendulkar

Disciple
Jul 11, 2010
Not worth it. Battery wont last, screen performance is ridiculous, camera not good either. So basically nothing going for it apart from pricing.

Ok, so karbonn is better than MMX and Spice? actually i wanted to buy this phone for my Dad. He don't know how to use android phone and as a first android user i was thinking about Android one. So please suggest me the good phone for my dad. Else i ll go for Moto e.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Skyh3ck

Adept
Oct 7, 2005
Skynet
i have seen videos on youtube, and i think Spice UNO is good followed by MMX Canvas A1, but all three are made by same OEM, so may not be a big problem, just check after sale service and then buy

blr_p

Skilled
Apr 11, 2007
Ask this question in 6 months time.

Nobody can say which is the 'best' until we see more models.

Best for what ?

I was planning to buy Android one Phone. I am little bit confused between these phones. Please suggest me which one to buy. I watched below comparison video and found that Micromax or Spice would be great buy. But let me know your thoughts on this.
requirements ?

kb.tendulkar

Disciple
Jul 11, 2010
i have seen videos on youtube, and i think Spice UNO is good followed by MMX Canvas A1, but all three are made by same OEM, so may not be a big problem, just check after sale service and then buy

Thx dude.. I am also little bit confused between spice n micromax.. I will research more on this.. Settle for good one..

kb.tendulkar

Disciple
Jul 11, 2010
Ask this question in 6 months time.

Nobody can say which is the 'best' until we see more models.

Best for what ?

requirements ?

Ok thats also correct.. But when i visited amazon.in n found some negative comments regarding micromax. However, in flipkart, comments are good for the spice.. So thinking about spice.. But lets see..

There is nothing any special requirement but wanted to buy decent phone for my dad. I was thinking about moto e but google's android one specification looks great.

Anyways thanks for your input

blr_p

Skilled
Apr 11, 2007
There is nothing any special requirement but wanted to buy decent phone for my dad.
What minimum size or maximum size can he handle ?

How long does he expect to hold onto the device.

smartphone is not just a phone, its more than that. if all he wants is a phone then a feature phone will suffice.

Crazy_Eddy

Staff member
Super Mod
Feb 7, 2005
Are the internals not same for all the three models?
all three are made by same OEM, so may not be a big problem, just check after sale service and then buy
Exactly. They're all using the reference platform, with different shells.
There are either QC issues with the review units or different reviewers have different expectations.

kb.tendulkar

Disciple
Jul 11, 2010
What minimum size or maximum size can he handle ?

How long does he expect to hold onto the device.

smartphone is not just a phone, its more than that. if all he wants is a phone then a feature phone will suffice.

Sorry for the late reply. My dad is expecting touch phone where he can do Internet Banking, WhatsApp and other smartphone features. So I think Android one would be a great deal which comes with all basic features.

kb.tendulkar

Disciple
Jul 11, 2010
Exactly. They're all using the reference platform, with different shells.
There are either QC issues with the review units or different reviewers have different expectations.

Yes, that's true dude. So I am going with the Micromax A1 as it is the known company. Yesterday, I just ordered this phone :) Let's see how it will be.

madhukannan

Adept
Aug 29, 2011
Thrissur
techkannan.com
It only depends on the type of service these companies provide since all are the same phone with a different back shell . in my place micromax gives good service it may be different in your place , check with your local friends . Since the software is tweaked directly by Google and you will be getting two years of promised support you can expect the phone to run flawlessly

kb.tendulkar

Disciple
Jul 11, 2010
It only depends on the type of service these companies provide since all are the same phone with a different back shell . in my place micromax gives good service it may be different in your place , check with your local friends . Since the software is tweaked directly by Google and you will be getting two years of promised support you can expect the phone to run flawlessly

Yeah, I asked some few friends and they suggest me to go for Micromax. So I think its a good decision to go ahead with Micromax. Anyways, yesterday I purchased Micromax A1 :) So lets hope for the best.[DOUBLEPOST=1411620119][/DOUBLEPOST]Please see my order Below :)

Attachments

• Amazon.png
    Amazon.png
    51.8 KB · Views: 256
Reactions: madhukannan