Suggest mobile phone for girlfriend

diffuser911

Disciple
Hi guys, starting this thread after searching all others.

I am looking for a cell in a budget of 7k which has a decent camera and music playback. Added features like GPS can increase the budget to 8k. Somethings that she doesn't prefer are:

• Slider
  • Touch
  • Swivel

And of course it should be elegant looking as well :). A Nokia would be best, but others will be fine as well as long as they stand up to endless hours on call.

Please fire your suggestions.

RD274 said:
Sony Ericsson Naite or Nokia X3 ... but the Elm is probably the best non-touch phone under 10k.
Thanks RD, will check them out now. She didn't like the X3 though.
rocky_pratik said:
Dude one guy is selling Nokia 6700 3G slider..

Its a good peice for girls..

Check it in Market section

Nokia 6700 3G
Thanks Rocky, but I am looking for a new one. I will check the price for the new handset somewhere.

Why not the 5230? Agreed its slightly bulky but it has 3G, GPS, 3.2" nHD touch screen, 2GB card --> all for ~7.4k. You can get a PL-11(Rs.600) in-ear plugs for the rest of the money

If no touch screen then get the C5,
Its a Candy Bar smart phone with good build quality, 3G, 2GB card --> all for ~7.6k. You can get a PL-11(Rs.600) in-ear plugs for the rest of the money :)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Nokia C5 - Full phone specifications

EnigmatriX said:
Nokia X2, the most affordable phone with 5MP. Was launched this week i guess. It was available in Nokia priority when I checked last week. Price should be around 5k I guess.
Sounds interesting, but the design is quite un-girly, if that's the word.
Metalspree said:
Have a look at the Nokia 6303i classic .Its a decent phone you can get it for 6.3K .
Looks good in terms of features, but I can't seem to justify the pricetag, compared to, say, the X2.
DarkAngel said:
Why not the 5230? Agreed its slightly bulky but it has 3G, GPS, 3.2" nHD touch screen, 2GB card --> all for ~7.4k. You can get a PL-11(Rs.600) in-ear plugs for the rest of the money
Touch screen...I would have preferred this, but u never know with girls.

Get C5 , X2, 5130 XM

and what about qwerty phones does she hate them too ???

Metalspree said:
Thanks for that post Karthi ,i totally forgot about that phone .Need to get that for some one .Time to ditch the 6303i.

who is karthi??

Metalspree said:
OP its in Nokia C5 and not 5230 .
I stand corrected :).
techno_guy said:
Get C5 , X2, 5130 XM

and what about qwerty phones does she hate them too ???
Good options. And yes, qwerty phones too.

Most models she liked are no longer for sale, incl SE Z610i, Nokia 7373 and LG Shine.

who is karthi??

Any reason for avoiding touch screens? IMO a capacitive touch screen is a pleasant experience. Ask your friend to try the samsung monte at some mobile store. I'm sure she'll be impressed.

@techno guy- i realise that the monte is around 8.5k. But the OP is willing to shell out up to 8k for features like GPS and wifi, both of which monte has. Seems a better choice to me to get the monte than settle for something less.

nitz said:
@techno guy- i realise that the monte is around 8.5k. But the OP is willing to shell out up to 8k for features like GPS and wifi, both of which monte has. Seems a better choice to me to get the monte than settle for something less.

that's true why settle for something less

@Everyone: Thanks a lot friends. I have finally pursuaded my girl to go for the Monte, since she likes the slick design and did forego the touch screen. I hope this one lasts longer than her Moto Razr!!

Back