CPU/Mobo suggest motherboard for amd phenom 1055

kanwal103

Disciple
I am gonna buy a new processor amd phenom hexacore 1055. plz suggest a new motherboard .
No overclocking ....may crossfire hd 5850 later (after 1 year).

should i go with amd phenom 965?

wats your budget???

and do you want usb 3 and sata 3

ill go from the top

Gigabyte 890FXA-UD7 Motherboard 18000

Asus M4A79T Deluxe Motherboard 15000

Gigabyte 890FXA-UD5 Motherboard 14000

Asus M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 11000

Gigabyte GA-790XTA-UD4 Motherboard 10000(awesome board)

Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H Motherboard 10000

you can find some other choices at techshop.in....also at theitwares.com,primeabgb.com,smcinternational.in,yantraonline.in,the itdepot.com

if you want a 800 series chipset and a low price the 890gxm-g65 is perfect

good layout,crossfire support,etc chk it out at techshop.in

thanx buddy for the information abt the boards....
i was thinking between...790 giga-fxta...790giga-xta...or gigabyte 890 gpa
also let know which is better between amd965 or amd 1055t

i would be doing gaming ,,,downloading and watching hd movies

if your only doing gaming and watching hd movies the 965 is a clear choice..if your doing video encoding,converting etc u shud get the 1055t

there is only a 1k price difference so i think you should take the 6-core..however it will be a bit difficult to overclok the proccy as compared to the 965..if u get a good mother board along with the 1055 it would be perfect, stay away from 890gpa-ud3h as it has a sucking bios..people at overclock.net have had numerous probs setting up samsung hdds,different rams, etc

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

i just read your first post,, sorry didnt read the "no overclocking" part

then the 1055t with msi 890gxm-g65 is perfect.. even i am buying that board

it has loads of features usb 3, sata 3, crossfire,sli,good layout, nice colour combination all for 7200

thanx labrodor

but smc international guy was saying gigabyte is more reliable than msi .....it has got good reputatiom and good rma service...
so 790xta or 890gpa or msi 890gx
also if there is difference between micro atx and atx..
is 1055t only good for encoding and converting and not for gaming ...

i am into gaming ,watching hd movies ,downloading, converting videos for ipod...........

1055t is = 965 in gaming, sometimes 1055t better with some games that need more cores

micro atx is a bit smaller than atx boards thats all..no performance difference

i would seriously recommend to leave the 890gpa (its my opinion u hav to decide,read reviews ,google the problems etc,do research)

the 790xta-ud4 is awesome for overclocking and loads of features...its up to you to decide

i personally would go for 1055 as you arent planning to overclock so the locked multiplier isnt going to make a difference,1055t have better memory controllers

its up to you to decide

p.s dont forget to rep :p

ok...let me know about asus motherboard 89gtd with usb3
i am gonna buy new system on 1st july .. recommend some other parts also ..
review these
sapphire hd 5850
gskills 2*2gb cas7 1333mhz
cooler master 690 2 advanced
corsair 750tx or cooler master 750 gx

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

also for lcd dell sp2309 ? how is it or samsung 2370

labrodor100 said:
if your only doing gaming and watching hd movies the 965 is a clear choice..if your doing video encoding,converting etc u shud get the 1055t

there is only a 1k price difference so i think you should take the 6-core..however it will be a bit difficult to overclok the proccy as compared to the 965..

from all inital reviews it was found the the new amd prosessors(hexacore) were much easier to overclock then the older ones

@OP usb3 doesnt have enough devices to jusity the premium paid for it atm ... maybe a couple of years down the line when there are a lot more usb3 devices around it might work better a very similar sentiment goes to sata 6Gbps transfer rate ... the general feeling is that only a good ssd can take advantage of that extra bandwidth at the moment. However these are certainly technologies for the future if you got the budget invest in a board that supports them, but dont strech otherwise , any decent 790series motherboard should suit your requirement just fine.

the asus mobo is quite good as well..but i had heard about some problems sometime back...something about lots of RMA's

the gpu is ok.. ram also fine. dont kno about the case and go for cooler master if on budget otherwise surely the corsair one

id go for the samsung 2370 for that led backlight its a cool feature...however google and search for reviews

Back