Suggest MotherBoard

prince_20003

Disciple
hi guys..

need suggestion for MB for Phenom II X4 925 processor.... no overclocking stuffs will be carried out.....

MB should support X6 processors (without any BIOS upgrades) too for future upgrades..

should have USB 3, SATA 6 GBps ports

Budget Processor + MB = 13 k

Thanks....

"MB should support X6 processors (without any BIOS upgrades)"

Would be hard to find one in your budget, i believe only the 890 Chipset Mobo, might not need an update of the BIOS...

Why are you so off the Bios update for the X6 when you are planning on a X4 anyway?

if i have a separate GPU....say HD5770 .. then does it matters if i use 785 chipset MB or higher chipset MB ...say 890....

what are the advantages of latest chipset.......... (Again i am mentioning i am not into OC like stuffs)

Thanks...

prince_20003 said:
hi guys..

need suggestion for MB for Phenom II X4 925 processor.... no overclocking stuffs will be carried out.....

MB should support X6 processors (without any BIOS upgrades) too for future upgrades..

should have USB 3, SATA 6 GBps ports

Budget Processor + MB = 13 k

Thanks....

Considering that processor retail rate to be nearby 6.5k , your budget isn't that good for high end boards. Since you are not into overclocking looking for high end board will be a waste of money. All you need is a decent offering from AMD 870 or 880 chipset with all the requisites mentioned.

AMD 8series has native Sata3 so don't ask for that, almost all the Mb manufacturer has Sata3 loaded upfront, all you need to look is USB 3 since its not the default for 8series.

For your budget Asus M4A88TD-M EVO/USB3 and MSI MSI 880GMA-E45 fit the bill. The former retails for 6.5k and the latter for 6k. Prices are courtesy of SMC Int. M4A88TD-M EVO/USB3 | MSI 880GMA-E45
prince_20003 said:
for future upgrades dude...

ok...wat will be minimum cost for 890 chipset MB's btw??

Forget about 890 chipset if you are not into multiple GPU and overclocking.
prince_20003 said:
if i have a separate GPU....say HD5770 .. then does it matters if i use 785 chipset MB or higher chipset MB ...say 890....

what are the advantages of latest chipset.......... (Again i am mentioning i am not into OC like stuffs)

Thanks...

No it doesn't matter. The IGP will not come into play if you have a dedicated graphics adapter.

Advantages of having a latest chipset is the support for newer processors, better SB/NB, higher bandwidth, improved performance, support for more Sata devices and optional NEC USB3 devices.

Add to that new motherboard provides better unlocking and overcloking features.
prince_20003 said:
no replies yet??? :(

Have some patience and stop bumping the thread again and again.

Why the aversion for a BIOS update. These days motherboards offer safe and roll-back BIOS flash methods..?

Back