Suggest Netbook with HDMI

moshel

Adept
some of you must've seen my thread about an additional CPU only for my mom. But that doesnt seem to work out quite as smoothly (people did give me other options to let mom use my computer, but thats not going to happen).

So the only remaining option is a netbook.

I was wondering if there is a netbook with an HDMI out. was googling it since morning but couldn't find one thats available in india. I want HDMI out so that I might eliminate the need of WDTV and watch movies on my TV playing it via the netbook.

Budget is 15-20K. the usual MS office and internet will be used and sometimes for the above mentioned need and mom also likes those popcap games (Bejeweled, zuma etc).

if suppose netbooks with HDMI out are expensive, 20K++ then not required. I might as well buy a 15k netbook and 8k WDTV.

How are the emachines? and Olive? worth going? very much inclined to the beautiful Dell inspiron 10, cheaper than HP mini and looks better too. what do you think?

Thanks,

Moshel

^LOL there's something wrong with that pricing!

Try the CR400X if you plan to increase your budget. Not exactly a netbook per se.

moshel said:
it is priced at 52k at Lynx!!!!

i will ask if MSI is available in Ahmedabad, doubt it. any more suggestions will be welcome.

moshel , contact sunny27 , he can get u a good price for that model and hes in ahmedabad , i jus bought this laptop last week from croma for 20k and paid 22k for a total of 4 yrs warranty , 1080P plays well in wmp and vlc but a slight stutter is seen sometimes ,but this is a darn VFM laptop , also 5 hrs battery life on a 4 cell battery , ill try n do a review soon.

I might sound a bit stupid but I wanted to know if MSI X340 can play 1080p videos through the HDMI port onto my TV.
I too wanted to get the WDTV but since it does not play OGM files - old (some new) Anime :ashamed: . If it could play the 1080p files it would be great as a media player and a download rig.

Back