CPU/Mobo Suggest NEW Config-Old PC says BiosRom Checksum Error

Hi,
Hav a 3200+& A8N-E currently<rest of the config in my sig> i was downloading yday & the screensaver had come up.i tried moving the mouse but the darn thing just wudnt go aWay. i rebooted to c that its giving a BiosRom Checksum Error.Tried recoverin the bios thro the Support Cd;but that wudnt help;changed the mobo battery & did a Long Cmos Clear but it just wudn work.mayb the bioschip has conked off!
i am plannin to go to NehruPlace-
1) to try a li'l troubleshooting so that i can confirm that its a faulty mobo.
2)in that case i will try to buy a new S939 mobo (any suggstn where i can find one?)
3) or lastly; go in for a new Cpu-mobo combo.i would lik to use my current ddr ram. if a ddr ram based mobo wud restrict its perfrmnc then ddr2 based mobo is ok.
Suggest a config! this is going to b my home pc;so not much gaming except wats possible thro my current 7800GT.

Plz suggest : <with current prices>
1)both DDR & DDR2 mobo- Cpu combos
2)suggest a entry/midlevel Gfx Card
3)which brand DDR2 Ram?
4>> any good S939 mobo deal in the marketplace? <im posting thro a phone guyz!! so help me!>

Budget for CPu-Mobo-7-8k

A quick well-thought out reply will b deeply appreciated!!

@axeman,anfjavid: thx for the suggstns guyz!

ppl,i need more ideas!!
isnt there some intel board-cpu combo out there? <Lack of OC capability is no issue;i wud lik to test out the "rock-solid" reputation of Intel mobos..!

Yea LGA 775 will carry i9 and i7 and i3 and i5 as well :p Its the best future proof for now :p

Get a 785G based Am3 and Athlon II or Phenom II X2 depending on budget, if you can wait Athlon II X4 will be out soon and will be available somewhat near 5k

. Juding by the budget . You can opt for

Athlon II 240 - 3k

Biostar 785G 3.6k

2Gb DDR800 : 1.2k

^^Yes. Some vendors does ship it with Am2 + , even if comes with AM3 it can support DDr2 as the IMC is built inside the processor not the board ;)

change the battery and reset your CMOS, then issue will be resolved. Suggest you to wait till the time new i5 is released, why spend money right now when new technology is coming out. P55 is almost at the doorstep. Once i5 is released, prices will also slash.

Back