CPU/Mobo Suggest new system

nRiTeCh

Skilled
Budget 13-15k

only Processor, motherboard and ram
Confused whether to go for intel or amd. I read in many threads n people have suggested for amd x3.
I will use for all purposes. gaming etc.
I will not upgrade for next 3yrs.
Suggest me ddr3 solution.

Are you sure that you need a DDR3 system ? And that too within 15k ? If so then you can have these :

AMD Phenom II X2 550 BE -> 5.5k

Biostar TA790GX AM3 -> 6k

Corsair 3 X 1GB xms3 DDR3 RAM -> 3k

@G33kgod

please read his post. he has explicitly mentioned his need.

not impressive.
ok i deduct ram from that 15k

how about AMD Phenom II X3 720 BE with a biostar or gigabyte combo?

Dude it doesnt make sense to go DDR3 without a i7 system. The gains are very minimal and noticed in very few situations. It is an unnecessary expense.

I suggest getting the intel q8200 a g31 gigabyte board and some 4 gb (2x2gb) ram.

That will see you out for a while depending on what card you pair it with.

i'm stuck up between Intel e8400, Intel e8600 and AMD Phenom II X3 720 BE.

How can the above three be compared?

As per L2/L3 caches Intel is offering straight 6mb and one of my friend has e8600 with 8mb L2 cache.

Amd has L2 512kb and L3 6mb

plz suggest me the best as i wont get any option to upgrade in next 3 yrrs or so.

I did read that amd x3 has performed much better than intels.

ANd which motherboard to go for?

I prefer Biostar TA790GXB A3+ as against TA790GXB A2+ due to DDR3 capability.

Further you people decide for me.

i suggest

AMD Phenom II X2 550 BE /AMD Phenom II X3 720 BE
TA790GXB A2+ /Gigabyte MA790GP UD4H

dont know about the prices though.

Intel 775 series is wont exists anymore after couple of months thx to upcoming i-core.

yeah, it should be within 14k (7.5k+6.5k).

You can also go for Phenom II X4 955 BE (~12k) with a cheap 780G Mobo like Biostar(cheap doesn't mean in features, cost should be ~3.5k). IMHO DDR2 will not be obsolete and high priced in near future. After 2years, DDR3 mobo will be cheap and you can grab one then. :) That will be the best for you. 955 is only beaten by i7s btw. So its worth it and AM3 processor also.

AMD Athlon X2 7750BE (justifies the Rs.300 price diff) on an AMD 740G chipset based mobo with 2GB RAM will be a good buy for that budget. If you could spare another 1.5k, go for the 780G chipset based Mobo. I suggest you to go for an AM2+ solution (The Athlon IIs and the Phenom IIs) which would support both DDR2 and 3 so that you can upgrade just your proc or RAM later because the cost of DDR3 RAM right now is very prohibitive for your kind of budget.

thx

here locals prices are way too high to think for.

ok now i hav dropped the idea od ddr3 from mind n will stick to ddr2.

getting 720be with 790gx a2+ or am2 (dealer not sure) for Rs 13400/-

tried calling him to confirm for am2 and a2+ but his phone line is much disturbing due to rains.

so are am2 and a2+ different mobos?

Now as ddr3 is not getting in my budget i will stick to ddr2.

Processor is fixed.

now only problem is with the board.

Biostar TA790GXB A2+ was recommended by many but when googling around i found many issue in it. It has a tricky bios too.

Any suggessions for gigabyte?

whats the diff between Biostar TA790GX 128M and the above mobo except for On Board 128MB DDR2 Side-Port memory feature.

ronit said:
Now as ddr3 is not getting in my budget i will stick to ddr2.

Processor is fixed.
now only problem is with the board.
Biostar TA790GXB A2+ was recommended by many but when googling around i found many issue in it. It has a tricky bios too.

Any suggessions for gigabyte?

whats the diff between Biostar TA790GX 128M and the above mobo except for On Board 128MB DDR2 Side-Port memory feature.

dude the diffrence is jus tat it has 128 mb sideport memory!! anyways the diffrence is very minimal n it really wont matter!!
the config u should go for is the (x3 720+ ta-790gxb a2+) for 12k!! the combo should not go above 12k,if it does then ur gettin cheated!!!

Back