Suggest PC Games: Coming from PS3

artikle

Unknown Member
ex-Mod
Hi guys,
Been a PS3 gamer since a long time and recently bought an excellent gaming rig. But sadly I wasn't able to enjoy PC gaming much till now because I'm unable to find the kind of games I like. I enjoy cinematic games like the Uncharted series, The Last of Us, Heavy Rain, Beyond:Two Souls and games like God of War series etc. And I absolutely love graphics.
Till now I tried various graphic intensive games like Crysis 3 and though graphics were great the game was meh at best. I like playing BF4 online but don't care much for the campaign.

Till now through my search I found Bioshock Infinite, which was OK but not good enough.. just slightly better than the above fps games.
Next I tried Castlevania: Lord of Shadows 2 since it is similar to GOW. It was strictly OK and graphics were meh.

Finally, I tried Tomb Raider 2013 which thankfully was the first game I found which I really liked, very close to Uncharted which is what I wanted. Great graphics too.

So please suggest me games with great stories with likeable characters you can remember and root for and can get emotionally connected to at some level, with cinematic set pieces, great graphics and everything else that usually makes a PS3 exclusive. Thanks in advance :)

All the Call Of Duty games have pretty Hollywoodish campaigns, although very short. Max Payne 3 played just like a movie, and is on sale now in Steam. Third Person Action games are generally better on consoles, but some of the better ones for PC(not exclusive) are Darksiders series, Devil May Cry the new one, Remember Me(good looking game). All the Assassin's Creed games do look much better on PC and the newer Splinter Cell games as well.

You might want to check out the Mass Effect Trilogy and Witcher series if you're into RPGs. Witcher 1 might look dated but Witcher 2 looks fantastic with everything turned on. Then of course there are the pretty looking FPSs like Far Cry 3 and Crysis 3. More suggestions: Sleeping Dogs and Just Cause 2(open world), Batman Arkham series, Dead Space series etc etc.

All the Call Of Duty games have pretty Hollywoodish campaigns, although very short. Max Payne 3 played just like a movie, and is on sale now in Steam. Third Person Action games are generally better on consoles, but some of the better ones for PC(not exclusive) are Darksiders series, Devil May Cry the new one, Remember Me(good looking game). All the Assassin's Creed games do look much better on PC and the newer Splinter Cell games as well.

You might want to check out the Mass Effect Trilogy and Witcher series if you're into RPGs. Witcher 1 might look dated but Witcher 2 looks fantastic with everything turned on. Then of course there are the pretty looking FPSs like Far Cry 3 and Crysis 3. More suggestions: Sleeping Dogs and Just Cause 2(open world), Batman Arkham series, Dead Space series etc etc.
Thanks for the suggestions, but no COD style FPSes please(not looking for that kind of cinematic). Played Max Payne 3, was alright. Played Black Flag was alright. Dont like RPGs. Far Cry 3 was good. Crysis 3 was not good as a game but graphics were great. Played Sleeping Dogs and Just Cause 2 before. Most of these games are alright but they miss the "soul"(?) that is seen in PS3 exclusives I listed.
Basically what I'm looking for is more emotional story telling like the Sony exclusives above. Any games closely resembling Uncharted series, The Last of Us, Heavy Rain, Beyond:Two Souls and games like God of War series etc? I played Tomb Raider and liked it.
please suggest me games with great stories with likeable characters you can remember and root for and can get emotionally connected to at some level, with cinematic set pieces, great graphics and everything else that usually makes a PS3 exclusive.

Ah, you might be disappointed then. The only big PC exclusives that we have now are MMOs and Dota/LoL. There are excellent story based games, but they are all dated and/or indie, not as big budget like a AAA. Anyhow, some more suggestions

Too The Moon
The Walking Dead
The Wolf Among Us
LA Noire
Witcher 2(decent story with tangible multiple paths)
Spec Ops the Line
Portal 1 and 2
Bioshock 1

These are different types of games and the production values may differ, but all of them will stay with you for a while after you finish them. Maybe somebody else can suggest something more suitable.

GTA, Red Dead Redemption, Borderlands 1, Deus Ex HR, Limbo, Crysis Warhead, Dead Space, Titanfall, World of Tanks, anything and everything from Valve. PC, Steam, GoG are pretty synonymous now so you should try some indie games.
Some games on PS3 with low frame rates just ruin the entire experience be it AC2, Crysis (all).

I'd also not try and miss the Halo franchise & Gears of War series maybe borrow an Xbox for a month or 2.

He was asking for PC games and so RDR doesnt even qualify.

Bro, try GTA, Dues EX HR and AC2. Since you have already played Tomb Raider reboot there is not much in the UC level cenematics. Besides, the games you have played on PS3 are the best on that platform so dont compare every game with them. If every game is made the same way no one will play the games :) You cant have another heavy rain.

Also dont miss spec ops. Play it completely and you will be touched.

Portal 1 and 2. While not a PC exclusive, Portal 2 is one of the best games ever made (it's flawless from a design standpoint in my book) so play it right now if you haven't already, especially since you mentioned you wanted great stories with likable characters.

What did you not like about Bioshock Infinite? I'd have recommended playing the first Bioshock before jumping into Infinite. Makes for a much better experience. Also, I hope you played it slowly and took the time to listen to all the audiologs. It's not one of those games where you'd want to simply rush through levels.

Finally, this could be an unpopular opinion, but if you're new to PC gaming in general, you should give World of Warcraft a try. There are many things wrong with it at this point, but these are mostly issues for players who've been playing since launch. It can still be an amazing experience for new players. The lore and story lines are incredibly rich (if you play one of the classic races, not the Pandaren). It's free to play until lvl 20 if you just want to get a taste.

What did you not like about Bioshock Infinite? I'd have recommended playing the first Bioshock before jumping into Infinite. Makes for a much better experience. Also, I hope you played it slowly and took the time to listen to all the audiologs. It's not one of those games where you'd want to simply rush through levels.
Far too much shooting for my liking. But observed lots of interesting things happening in the game world though. It is not bad, just not good enough. And yes, I listened to the audiologs and also those short videos in those machines(forgot what they are called). But I liked that fact that you can practically almost never die :p

And yes, I definitely need to play Portal ASAP. No WoW for me.

Back