Budget Above 40k Suggest phone for daily use

adizz

Disciple
My 3yo op6 is on its last legs and I'm looking to replace it. Please suggest a phone with a good screen. Went through amzn and fk and I can't quite decide which one to get.
TIA!

Questions:-
1. Budget?
A: INR 60k

2. Preferred display size, type and resolution?
A: >6" AMOLED

3. Preferred operating system? (Android (with version), iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Any

4. Preferred connectivity options? (4G, 3G, 2G etc).
A: Would like to have 5G

5. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: No oneplus and xiaomi

6. What is your intended use for this phone (internet, camera, multimedia, mails etc.)?
A: Mails, social media

7. Single SIM/ Dual SIM?
A: No preference

8. New or Used? Online or Offline?
A: New. Don’t mind buying online

9. Any other requirements?
A: Need good battery backup, microSD card slot if internal storage < 32GB

10. If you have already considered a phone, then please mention the model
A: SGS21 plus and SGS20 plus

At that budget and when open with either of iOS/android, always go for iPhone. Crazy resale value, solid build and exceptional performance. Only issue is iOS related restrictions but if that works, get the latest iphone with the max memory in your budget.
Samsung phones have a very poor resale value and crazy inflated prices in India when getting exynos. S21 with SD is discounted in USA when even today it's priced like a new phone in India. Also, I've always preffered Note series over S series as it has better resale value.

Thanks for the suggestions, I actually did get the s20 fe 5g few days back. Felt like most other phones were overpriced and offered nothing more that I could really use.

The phone has been great so far. I'm getting used to the slower charging speed but it lasts almost two days on a charge so I'm not gonna complain.

I have 3 Sammys in the family. My old Samsung S9+ out of nowhere developed a yellow screen, like one of the filters went wonky or something. Basically only usable at the highest brightness. Anything less than that and you can't see anything on the screen. All the colours are wrong too. I got a S20 FE 4G to replace that. Then after sometime, my brother's Flip2 got this very same problem. For my S9+, the service centre quoted me 23K to replace the screen as my phone was out of warranty. My brother's phone was imported out of India, so we didn't even bother to check with service centre as the flip screen would be much more expensive, of course. Recently after about 8-9 months, my S20 FE 4G's camera module stopped working one fine day. Got the entire module replaced by the service centre as it was still in warranty, but I just hate thinking it could have happened after 12 months and I would have been out of luck then. I know this is anecdotal, but my trust in Samsung has evaporated quickly. I'd rather buy 25-30K phone every year or two then pay the premium for Samsung now. Apple looks nice from the distance, but I can't live in that locked ecosystem. I like to sideload apps and use my phone's storage like a portable disk far too often.

Back