Suggest place for residing 10 days in Mumbai

Hello Everyone,

I and few of my friends are having training in Mumbai on first week of July.
So we 5-6 of us are supposed to live in Mumbai for almost 10 days.

Thus need suggestion on finding cheap place to live in, lodge hotels etc.

Location : Though location is not fixed as there will be various site. however few names to count in are Juhu, West Mumbai.
Requirement : Place must be not expensive, just rooms to lie in :p but hygienic and have electricity

Also, any survival tips for living in Mumbai?? Mumbai rains are infamous and Monsoon season is up :unsure:

Thanxx

- hotel rent in the west is pretty reasonable.given that you have 4 or 5 friends, i believe you will have to take multiple rooms.
- just have a raincoat or something equivalent to protect you from the rain
- enjoy and roam the whole of mumbai.its a pretty awesome place.

Budget, that is the most important part, rest is just talking in the air.

As for Electricity, even the road side shanties have it

Thanxx for the info guys.. would check the links too

Budget, that is the most important part, rest is just talking in the air.

As for Electricity, even the road side shanties have it

Well, I am not sure how could I tell the budget. Mumbai is expensive city, so I cant really compare it with my local rates and tell.
However, we are looking for cheap option. Not in the rooms charging like 1.5k for a night. We are going to goa also from there so need to save money :p
BTW, would be atleast needing 2 rooms

Thanxx for the info guys.. would check the links too

Well, I am not sure how could I tell the budget. Mumbai is expensive city, so I cant really compare it with my local rates and tell.
However, we are looking for cheap option. Not in the rooms charging like 1.5k for a night. We are going to goa also from there so need to save money :p
BTW, would be atleast needing 2 rooms

Well perhaps spending a little time on travel sites will help to clear your confusion, and will give you some idea of how much Mumbai costs.

That is one more thing one can do with computers other than just playing games and downloading.

Well there is this lodge called as The New Punjab, near the VT railway station (opposite Metro Multiplex) its quite old, but inexpensive. I was charged about 500 for a room of two (almost 2 years back). There's one more called as metro lodge very close by. But they charge around 1200. And there's another on that road, I don't recollect the name, but that's also quite inexpensive. Don't expect any luxuries though.

You might also want to check out the dorms there.

Also I'd suggest you save up a lot for that Goa trip!! Great place.

Well perhaps spending a little time on travel sites will help to clear your confusion, and will give you some idea of how much Mumbai costs.

That is one more thing one can do with computers other than just playing games and downloading.

I did checked few sites.. But they are suggest all lavish hotels. We dont need those awesome hotels and comfort. we simply dont have money for them. :p
Our need is those cheap lodge. Its really hard to find them on net.
As, most of the time we will be on site for training or roaming around the city, we just need a place to sleep and bath

# Thanxx for the info.. will note it down

Thanxx for the info Praks.. Confirming if any of my 4 friend is gujarati.. I can only speak Kem cho Maja me :p

BTW, any one know Jain Dharamshalas in Mumbai.. I am jain so it can help :D
decent info I can got in net is this Jain Dharmshalas
But it only list 3.. are there any more??

you will get a hell lot of cheap lodges in dadar area or near the railway station.
you wont find lodges listed on the internet buddy,no chance.

Would suggest Gujju Samaj or Jain ones then cheap lodges.

You get good food within it, Very neat & clean (Gujju samaj), In Gujarati such places are called Samaj, just google & you will find many.

Not sure what such place is called in Jains.

By the way, Jain & Gujju are nearly same, If you manage to speak bit of Gujju, should be fine.

A/C room in 500 Rs a day in Mumbai, thats steal deal :)

I did checked few sites.. But they are suggest all lavish hotels. We dont need those awesome hotels and comfort. we simply dont have money for them. :p
Our need is those cheap lodge. Its really hard to find them on net.
As, most of the time we will be on site for training or roaming around the city, we just need a place to sleep and bath

I have seen rooms starting as low as 300 / night going all the way upto 30,000+ / night., obviously its not just the 5 stars which are on the net.

Look harder and get an Idea,

Back