Suggest some good batteries

Switch

Skilled
Well,

I had bought Sanyo 2600 MAH batteries but the damm thing is getting discharged by itself with a matter of 72 hours. looks like they are fake. Anyhow suggest me few good batteries. I need to buy four for my Canon PS A95.

Switch

My Camelion 2200mAh that came with my cam seem to hold good. Also, about ur batteries, are u leaving them in the cam itself? asking coz thats not advised. and that drains teh batteries too.

I use Sony Ni-MH 2100mAh batteries. and I am absolutely in love with them. They last damn long. And recharge damn quickly too.

I use them in my digicam(the cam came with the Cybershot batteries) and I use 4 others in my mp3 player, discman, clock, etc.... Very reliable...

I am using Sony Nimh 2300mah batteries. Last long but cannot say anything about recharge time bcoz my old charger takes 14 hrs to charge them. :p

Well yes... I leave them in cam... But that should not drain the battery :S...

Anyways will try not to leave them in cam this time and will report back here SIR!!!

I use Mitsubishi 1800mAH pair on my digicam. workin faithfully since 1yr 9 months :clap: so bought another pair for mah discman....cost me 250 a pair. charge thru Nikon's charger.

I think these Sanyo batteries available in India are mostly fakes - my Sanyo 2300mAh are pathetic !! :mad: What are good are the Sony 2300mAh and the Indian Eveready 2100mAh. I have the Sony fast charger and it charges a pair of 2300mAh batteries in 3 hours.

hey switch..

how is life? yes i am back after a long time..

i have the same cam as you know.

i am using GP 1600 mAh batteries with it and its running fine. no probs at all and i do not remove them at all till they are discharged.

now a days they are available in 2100 mAh rating too should cost around 450-500 bucks for a pack of 4 batteries.

as GP batteries are the ones mostly used by pro photographers it will not curse you.

sony and sanyo brands have a lot of fakes in indian markets.

also eveready have also launched the rechargeable batteries do not know the reputation yet.
hope this helps.

I am fine... How is yours... Where have you been... And i havent forgotten that you have the same cam... Made my decision after reading your review only :)...

On to batteries...

Thanks medPAL... The doc is in time as always :D... Will try to get GP this time... Wasie how many shots do you manage with your batteries with full charge...

^^ try to get the mitsu ones i have...i get arnd 120 pics at 2048x1536, and some vids..till the 128MB card is full :p

i get around 60-70 shots with inbetween cam to tv shows for the family and pc transfers included.

i was not having net access as bsnl was upgrading their stuff for broad band and i got the broadban on friday and i am back.

Eazy said:
I think these Sanyo batteries available in India are mostly fakes - my Sanyo 2300mAh are pathetic !!

Is there any way we can see if the battery is fake or geniune. I have the sony 2300mh, how can i confirm if its not fake.

good info crazy.

i was not having detail info about it.

that makes a good sense to have eveready batteiries.

lets wait for a first hand review from someone.

Yep, unfortunately the ones i've seen so far are the lower capacity Ni-Cd versions - as you can see in the pic, they're only rated for 700mAH. Not sure if they have Ni-MH versions, as those would most definately be in the higher capacity range.

The one good aspect though, these are quite well spread. We can get them in our local super-market stores (FoodWorld for those in Chennai). If they get out some decent Ni-MH batteries, would be all the better!

Crazy_Eddy said:
Yep, unfortunately the ones i've seen so far are the lower capacity Ni-Cd versions - as you can see in the pic, they're only rated for 700mAH. Not sure if they have Ni-MH versions, as those would most definately be in the higher capacity range.

You are soooo in luck .... Eveready do sell NiMH batteries in India... here is a picture of them they are the ones marked 2100 - gold and green colour.

Batteries.jpg

^ Nice. I did think they were available, just hadnt looked out for them :p

I'm presuming you own these? If so, whats the performance like? :)

Crazy_Eddy said:
^ Nice. I did think they were available, just hadnt looked out for them :p
I'm presuming you own these? If so, whats the performance like? :)

Yup - the picture is taken inside my battery storage box. I tried the Everyready only for 2 cycles of uses and then I found the Sony's much better so I have not used the Eveready or Sanyo batteries for long now - I am sure the day I want to use them they will be DEAD. :(

Just found this page on the Eveready 2100 NiMH batteries...

http://www.eveready2100.com/
and where to buy in your city...

http://www.eveready2100.com/wheretobuy.html

Cities covered...
AGRA AHMEDABAD BANGALORE BARODA
BHOPAL BHUBANESHWAR CHANDIGARH CHENNAI
COIMBATORE DELHI GHAZIABAD GURGAON
GUWAHATI GWALIOR HYDERABAD INDORE
JABALPUR JAIPUR JAMSHEDPUR KANPUR
KOCHI KOLKATA KORBA LUCKNOW
LUDHIANA MADURAI MEERUT MUMBAI
NAGPUR NASHIK NOIDA PATNA