Audio Suggest some modifications to the portable setup I am thinking of

Superfrag said:
Nice! Congrats! I didn't see this thread at all for some reason.. lol.

Its actually good that you didn't see (and didn't reply). I would have ended up spending at least 20 grands by now and would have been still looking for even better :p

you got the RE0 !?

how much did udac cost you ?

Its a great product ...i 've read nothing but good stuff about it ....small, great synergy ( wit most IEMs and can drive even hungry headphones like K702...nicely) ....good looking.

Vasishta.Sushant said:
Its actually good that you didn't see (and didn't reply). I would have ended up spending at least 20 grands by now and would have been still looking for even better :p
Eh, I'm not that bad also. :p

Just kidding dude. But its true that your suggestions are not really pocket friendly. My wallet cries when I think of following your ideas :p

BTW writing this while listening to MLTR - Complicated Heart (Acoustic version). Can't wait how this UDAC will sound with the RE0s which are already in transit.

Finally the RE-0s arrived. Can't wait them to try with my UDAC.

Initial test (onboard sound, some youtube videos in my office) tells me that they do have some bass. Good enough for me. More than what its got hurt my ears. I hope they sound good.

after u r done wth 200hrs+ of ur hearing with re0, give a try to re1

u will find wht u wer missing

although u may end up with re0 but for me they are sterile, very artificial and lifeless

good for analytical ppl

^ you try any other phone .....and you'll find what you are missing !! :p

you re1 fanboys .....my re262 will soon be here ....and i'll tease you all remember this !!.....and you cant even buy RE262 yet ....!!ha!!

great sushant ...so.....how is RE0 + udac ??

Re0 build quality is below par, considering the fact that they don't come cheap and more so that they were being sold for 200 usd.

Anyway they do sound good with udac. The upper audible spectrum sound much more lively and more natural.

Mid range is what sucks. I still find it too forward and it gets little too acrid at times.

The bass is there but it works only for certain frequencies. From what I figured out, sub 100Hz frequencies do work good. But those in the range of 100 to 160Hz sound bad. Something similar to an ovepowered subwoofer with no enclosure. They sound real bad at the moment. (just for the reference, say it right - nelly furtado....the starting sequence sound like shit)

Also I realized that you need to plug the earbuds rightly in the ear canal or the bass would go totally missing. I used mid double flange bud and it needed to be pushed right into te canal, to get a good bass.

I have put it on burnin for the next few days. Will try it more on the weekend.

that low frequency response must change with burn-in ....i am sure ...!

OT: ...bah the new TE.... notifications are on the upper right .....i dont like this setup!!

strategy said:
you re1 fanboys .....my re262 will soon be here ....and i'll tease you all remember this !!.....and you cant even buy RE262 yet ....!!ha!!

You have much to learn my friend. You are yet completely oblivious to the world of head-fi and marketing strategies and placebo effects, strategy.

I was planning to buy these for Jogging/Gym. But incase they are very directional in Ears( i.e. dependent on fitting inside the ear) then i would have to drop the Idea :( ..
What do u say sushant bhai?

apextwin146 said:
I was planning to buy these for Jogging/Gym. But incase they are very directional in Ears( i.e. dependent on fitting inside the ear) then i would have to drop the Idea :( ..

I used to jog with them

they never used to stay in and sound terrible if fit is not gud

better look for others

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

strategy said:
^ you try any other phone .....and you'll find what you are missing !! :p

great sushant ...so.....how is RE0 + udac ??
I may land @ ur place to try 702 soon

u made me read a lot and i m interested in thm

apextwin146 said:

They sure need a good fit to sound good. With double flange buds its even more pronounced. I am using my normal CX500 buds and they fit perfectly. If you ask me, none of the provided tips work that grt.

mukulymn said:
I may land @ ur place to try 702 soon
u made me read a lot and i m interested in thm

by all means ... ...i am planning to import some op-amps for my Maverick D1 ....people have changed the opamps with good results ....so my setup might improve even more :)
......but i am in Chattisgarh right now :(

Back