Suggest some topics for B.E.(C.S.E) project....

triple s

Disciple
Guys, need to work on the mega project for final year of B.E.(Comp. Sci. & Engg.). There is no any kind of restricion for the language to be used. Please suggest some easy and intresting topics for my project. And do suggest the websites that can help me out for developing that project.
Please also suggest the language to be used in accordance with front-end and back-end associativity in case of that particular suggested project.

Please provide some basic requirements about project.

At least let us know language you will be working with and what kind of project you want to do.

Edit: So, you are ready to do project in any language. Then possibilities are endless.

I don't have any kind of such requirment right now, but just wanted to collect different topics and suitable Front-end and back-end...

umm...

U cn go for some some project like a student knowledge analysis system... It will b based on what is called Artificial Intelligence...

U put questions to the student appearing for the test..

based on hw correctly he answers the questions u can alter the difficulty dynamically...

then at the end of the exam session u cn produce a report on hw well he did..

may b a graphical representation of hw gud he is in different section of the subject for which he took the exam..

for the language part you can take JSP as the front end and Servlets as the middle end and Oracle or Mysql as the database.

Try to find about MVC framework and make your project on it.

The reason I am tellin this is coz this will also help u wen u join some company later after the college...

Hope it helps..

All the best..

Cheers!! :)

I was thinking about which language to use for project.. Let me tell you something, I don't have Complete and sufficient knowledge of any programming language reguarding database and window handling, So i am damn confused:( about which language to use.. So can anyone please guide me??
I have some knowledge about how to handle database in java but not in c#.. Emphasising on more serious part, i don't know how to switch between two windows( or Frames) in java or in C#...
Please tell me what to do?? Which language will be easy to understand and develop the code regarding above aspects( in Bold)..

Buddy, for learning purpose I would recommend going for some web based project...

That involves a multi tier architecture as u might hv studied in your course.

So basically your application could be divided into 3 layer i.e. the presentation layer, business layer and the data layer.

For presentation I would recommend JSP for creating the web pages.

For business you can go for JAVA servlets

For data you can use MySQL which is a free database application.

This will be a total JAVA / web based approach so this eliminates the problem of window handling or as such.

Also if you want to create a window based application then you will have to go for VB .Net AKA C# or other tools and you will have to learn them from scratch.

But since you know little bit of JAVA this can be easier to catch up.

Also it would enhance your knowledge in JAVA thus preparing for future too.

We are not supposed to do any application kind of project, we need some global topics that can be further extended. Besides the topic should be easy one. Post some if you can.. Abstracts are also welcome.

Ever thought of anything in Cryptography ?? If you can make a fresh algorithm, u can actually publish papers on them :)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

triple s said:
I was thinking about which language to use for project.. Let me tell you something, I don't have Complete and sufficient knowledge of any programming language reguarding database and window handling, So i am damn confused:( about which language to use.. So can anyone please guide me??

I have some knowledge about how to handle database in java but not in c#.. Emphasising on more serious part, i don't know how to switch between two windows( or Frames) in java or in C#...

Please tell me what to do?? Which language will be easy to understand and develop the code regarding above aspects( in Bold)..
Swing is pretty powerful for creating GUI's .. and Java itself is very powerful and simple with Database handling.

Also, to switch between two windows or frames, first find the event which will trigger this, and then simple use .setVisible(boolean) method to hide(false) and show(true) respective frames.

Back