Suggest Spike Guard with Ground Open/All OK Indicator

Emperor

Skilled
Hi Friends,

can you please any 4 socket good quality spike guard for my computer system, Ground Open/All OK LED must be there on Spike.
Better if have Individual on/off Switch for each socket.
Below Rs.500/- please

Regards

Reviving this as I need to replace my Spike Guard. I need one with individual switches and proper spike protection (not just a fuse). I found the MX ones in Amazon (a little cheaper on their own site) -
Seems pricy but lacks many reviews.
Anyone has any experience with these or any other brands which fulfills the above requirements.

Reviving this as I need to replace my Spike Guard. I need one with individual switches and proper spike protection (not just a fuse). I found the MX ones in Amazon (a little cheaper on their own site) -
Seems pricy but lacks many reviews.
Anyone has any experience with these or any other brands which fulfills the above requirements.
check with local offline stores, you may get way lower quote for same brand/model

@ibose consider syska.

I have one with a 3m cord length, individual switches and a common fuse. Spike protection is handled by an MOV (the little blue thing inside).

Does not have a ground open tester.

What do you mean by proper spike protection? Are you referring to the MOV or are there other options?
Could you please share more info on this?
I always believed an MOV is the end all to current spikes.

Last edited:
Hmm.. the listing says Power Strip while the description says Spike buster. Without opening it up you cannot even validate if it contains any spike protection. That is the problem.
There is nothing to stop them from having changed it now, but I can assure you that when I bought it, it did contain an MOV.

I unfortunately can't dismantle it now.

One con of the strip is that, after multiple (read 1000s) of switch action, one of the switches loses power connection intermittently. Can replace the switch but I'm lazy to do it. Have, for now, taped it permanently to the on position.

If/when I do replace the switch, I'll open and send the contents via PM.

It's worth paying for a Belkin or MX. Have been using them since more than a decade with no issues. That amazon basics model might be worth giving it a try considering manufactured by Panasonic.

Back