Suggest the best router with inbuilt support for uTorrent Downloads?

stalker00031 said:
Was thinking of buying the ASUS RT N16 for this purpose.

I had heard that the default torrent client allows 6 simultaneous sessions. Is there such a limitation with ddwrt + transmission ?

No limitation depends upon how loaded the router is, the default firmware is crap you have heard we have experienced its very buggy

@hA1d3R

Power consumption of Router is 5W compared to notebook which is easily more than 100W at least

^ not true . only high end notebooks will consume more than 90W . atom consumes less than 4W ,netbook consumption would be somewhere 14-17W ,with display switched off it would be lower

@dheeraj: can i use a external seagate goflex 1tb 3.5" hdd for the asus n13u b1, and i need the hard disk for playing backups on my ps3(it reqires the hdd to be in fat32 format), so, what do you suggest me.?

@kaushik0105: see the ideal setup is to have an ext3 formatted drive permanently connected to the router. and yeah u can use the goflex just fine. as for the ps3, aint my area of prowess. others here may help u with that. if u can use network to do this then the setup will work awesome. the hdd would appear as a network drive.

@all

I have a friend here on TE who has an ASUS N13u setup with 160gb ext drive running as a perfect torrent box and network share, up for sale. I helped him set it up :p. anybody looking for a turn key download server setup can look at this post link

Back