PC Peripherals Suggest thermal paste for the processor

I have a AMD X4-635 processor with Gigabyte 785 mobo. I had given my mobo to Gigabyte Service centre for repair as it was using more battery. Yesterday after 20 days they returned my mobo but when I reached home I found that its Processor fan lock was broken. Hence I will have to give the mobo again in repairs which will again take 10-20 days.

Anyways, I was thinking that Gigabyte will apply the thermal paste on the processor, but they say that they donot have such paste.

So, I need to buy a thermal paste for my Processor. Therefore, I request you to suggest me on good thermal paste for my processor. I found MX-2 on this forum but it is finished. Please also tell from where I can get it from Nehru Place and what is the possible price?

http://www.techencla...-special-price/

But which one is better and will all one tube will finish in 1 time. I do OC my PC.

Secondly, will the after market cooler should do the same job as these tubes and can I get a good cooler instead of these silver compounds.

But which one is better and will all one tube will finish in 1 time. I do OC my PC.

Secondly, will the after market cooler should do the same job as these tubes and can I get a good cooler instead of these silver compounds.

At the top of the ladder you have the tuniq tx2, rated better than the artic mx-2 and its cheaper.

No you will not finish the tube in in one go.
<

Reason is you must apply a very small portion of the TIM.

WHY?

Well The function of the TIM is to just fill up the microscopic gaps between the cpu heat spreader and the base of ur cpu cooler, thus not allowing any air pockets to form. Hence try to attain a smooth, thin layer. Too much of that goop is bad in 2 ways

1. Too much goop results in bad thermal transfer- you will defeat the very purpose you bought the TIM
<

2. If you use those conducting/metal suspension based TIMS, chances are the presuure of the cpu cooler will force the extra goop to areas around your socket. SInce its conducting in nature you can understand what happens next
<

From my experience the difference between a standard non conducting type TIM(say the CM paste that comes in that small dabba)and a non metallic suspension based TIm is not earth shattering.But if u've made ur mind to go for the second one do go, because we always have a 'i could have done better with that one' kind of feeling , the one that really lingers on
<

Regarding comparison in thermal perfo between a paste and a 3rd party cooler... investment in the second one is more plausible.

Why? Well TIM only sees that the surface contacts are proper without air gap. The main task of removing that heat is upto the cpu HSF assembly. So even if u have a high end TIM, ur base cpu cooler wont be simply removing that heat fast enuff
<

Hence pair up a nice cpu cooler witha nice TIm to maximize thermal perfo.

Back