PC Peripherals Suggest Ups?

akiso

Disciple
My Pc consumes around 450W power and LCD monitor 18W, apart from that I have 500GB external HDD. what UPS should I opt for? My budget is 3.5K-4k

Freaky said:
Please check where you're posting. This is the Show-Off section :p

Sorry Mate :(

Well how is the performance of the microtek 800va. If 800va cost Rs2600 then I think I can go for some more Va with my budget 3.5-4K :cool2:

This is a WARNING to all people want to buy APC 1KVA model:BR1000-IN

The dealer said it has provision to add external battery so u can add ANY battery depending on ur backup need.That proved to be totallywrong.yesterday i contacted APC support they said i can add only ONE external battery and they gave a part no. like BR24bp(something like that) its their own external battery(APC).they said it would give me an hr of battery backup at most which was totally insufficient for my needs :ashamed:.I asked them i need atleast 4 hrs of backup time so can i add EXIDE battery.to which they again gave me the above mentioned part no. and advised to only use that.YOU should have seen my face @ that moment how HAPPY it was :mad:

APC is little costly, but has a very good reputation on the forum. APC is not a mass seller

Other include Numeric,microtek they are the most selling product in the market for obvious reasons.

Hi everybody, I need a UPS for my PC & WiFi Router, how much wattage would suffice. Backup time could be anything between 15mins. - 1hr or more.

Which brands & what price?

akiso said:
Sorry Mate :(

Well how is the performance of the microtek 800va. If 800va cost Rs2600 then I think I can go for some more Va with my budget 3.5-4K :cool2:

Using it for 3-4 months now.. no problems faced so far..

APC make the best UPS in the world prolly But it has conflicts/problems etc with some PSUs hence i dropped the idea of getting one. My Microtek 800VA double battery works like a charm. Microtek has good ASS atleast in gurgaon. I called them once guy was outisde my house next day!

I am in gurgan outskirts :)

akiso said:
My Pc consumes around 450W power and LCD monitor 18W, apart from that I have 500GB external HDD. what UPS should I opt for? My budget is 3.5K-4k

How did u arrive at the 450W figure ??

My PC consumes less than 180W at idle 4 HDD, 9600GT and abit IP35E mobo...

Back