Suggest Washing Machine - Fully Automatic - Top Loading

EHH

Disciple
Expert comments please / Suggestions for a washing machine.

Zeroed in this LG washing machine.

Don't want expensive front loading.

Mostly will be used by house maid / Occasionally by us.

Dont like Samsung etc.

In-built heater ?

Should I try offline ?

Get any washing machine that fits your budget and weight requirements. Washing machines have reached a plateau and almost all of them are good enough. Bigger brands like Lg, IFB just have better after sale service.

better after sale service
This actually, try to find the nearest service centre that has the most positive reviews. Samsung top loading automatic machines have been a nobrainer lately for where I live. But it totally depends on which service centre is the most feasible for you

I have a similar LG model T75SKSF1Z. There are more drawbacks than good qualities in LG washing machines. It needs constant attention for everything. It puts in less water and half the clothes are dry. Then you have to manually increase water level or put wet towels in washing machine before starting it to make the wm think theres more clothes and increase water level. You can use powdered detergent but it wont fully dissolve in this. You need to use more expensive liquid detergent to get better washes or dissolve the powdered detergent in hot water first. If there is power loss during operation, it starts right from the beginning of cycle. So if the cycle was 15 minutes in between wash, it will start from 50 or 55 or whatever the time was instead of starting from 40 or something. Dumbest washing machine. Just avoid it.

All that marketing talk of drum moving is bs. Drum rotates, but even clothes rotate with it in same direction. No clothes moving up/down in wm to get better wash.Just round and round. Clothes at bottom remain at bottom. Clothes at top remain at top. Bottom clothes come out cleaner than top clothes.

Samsung is miles ahead in wm dept compared to LG in top loaders.You are better off getting 20-22k front loader than these stupid washing machines that only rotate clothes in one direction.

I have a similar LG model T75SKSF1Z. There are more drawbacks than good qualities in LG washing machines. It needs constant attention for everything. It puts in less water and half the clothes are dry. Then you have to manually increase water level or put wet towels in washing machine before starting it to make the wm think theres more clothes and increase water level. You can use powdered detergent but it wont fully dissolve in this. You need to use more expensive liquid detergent to get better washes or dissolve the powdered detergent in hot water first. If there is power loss during operation, it starts right from the beginning of cycle. So if the cycle was 15 minutes in between wash, it will start from 50 or 55 or whatever the time was instead of starting from 40 or something. Dumbest washing machine. Just avoid it.

All that marketing talk of drum moving is bs. Drum rotates, but even clothes rotate with it in same direction. No clothes moving up/down in wm to get better wash.Just round and round. Clothes at bottom remain at bottom. Clothes at top remain at top. Bottom clothes come out cleaner than top clothes.

Samsung is miles ahead in wm dept compared to LG in top loaders.You are better off getting 20-22k front loader than these stupid washing machines that only rotate clothes in one direction.
This one OK ?

6Kg drum size is rather small imo.

I'm single and i bought a 7.5KG wm. The width and height of the drum inside was almost same as my old 6.5KG wm. I would recommend getting 8KG wm if there are more than 2 people in house. The companies use smaller drum now compared to older wm probably due to rising steel costs and inflation. If your old wm was 6.5KG, get 7.5KG+. If it was 7Kg get 8KG+.

Why i recommend bigger wm is so that clothes have enough free space to move inside to get cleaned properly. In top loaders, people stuff clothes till top and run full water cycle and hope clothes get clean.
Without space to move inside the drum for the clothes, there's not much cleaning the washing machine or water can do. In front loaders, the clothes are dropped from a height and fall in water. So if you buy a front loader with smaller drum, the drum will get full fast, the clothes wont clean properly and you will have to do 2 rounds instead of 1. Better buy a wm with 8Kg drum and do 1 round instead of 2.

@blr_p is the right person to ask for washing machine suggestions imo. I suggest reading that washing machine thread above since a lot of folks asked for recommendations there. Get one of the latest 2023 models from that thread around your budget.

Hi
For the last 10 years I am using 7.5 Kg fully automatic Samsung top loading. No issues till now.
Regular maintenance is also easy, parts etc I change on my own!

I have tried IFB front loading too, it was hell, it look a lot of water and electricity & clothes were also not cleaned that much.

So satisfied with Samsung

Expert comments please / Suggestions for a washing machine.

Zeroed in this LG washing machine.

Don't want expensive front loading.

Mostly will be used by house maid / Occasionally by us.

Dont like Samsung etc.

In-built heater ?

Should I try offline ?
A front-loader really is the best option.

You will only get Internal heater with IFB and Panasonic top load models. See here

Their drums are slightly smaller compared to Samsung or LG top loaders which don't have internal heaters so checking out the machine offline is a good idea before buying. Not to mention servicing availability where you live.
6Kg drum size is rather small imo.

I'm single and i bought a 7.5KG wm. The width and height of the drum inside was almost same as my old 6.5KG wm. I would recommend getting 8KG wm if there are more than 2 people in house. The companies use smaller drum now compared to older wm probably due to rising steel costs and inflation. If your old wm was 6.5KG, get 7.5KG+. If it was 7Kg get 8KG+.

Why i recommend bigger wm is so that clothes have enough free space to move inside to get cleaned properly.
Exactly why I did recommend the 8kg even for you but was surprised you went ahead and pulled the trigger on the smaller model without any warning because it was over 5k cheaper.
In top loaders, people stuff clothes till top and run full water cycle and hope clothes get clean.
Without space to move inside the drum for the clothes, there's not much cleaning the washing machine or water can do. In front loaders, the clothes are dropped from a height and fall in water. So if you buy a front loader with smaller drum, the drum will get full fast, the clothes wont clean properly and you will have to do 2 rounds instead of 1. Better buy a wm with 8Kg drum and do 1 round instead of 2.
So you have to do more washes with lighter loads and not necessarily wash twice. You need to lighten the loads and change your loading technique. Remember I said to ball the clothes up which I've yet to see any top load reviewer on YT do. Maybe that was too brief an explanation. The video below is more detailed.

Watch the Kenyan repair dude demonstrate the tandoor roti technique for a top loader :D
It's all to do with loading. By creating a hollow space in the centre like he shows you provide a path for the clothes to circulate. Otherwise, they will remain where they were for the duration of the wash.

I don't know about Samsung being better but a smaller machine is a bad idea and you have made that point crystal clear. Better spend more upfront for a bigger volume machine and have a better experience than cheap out and suffer buyers remorse for the next ten years

The hidden cost with smaller machines is you have to do more laundry. More work that ends up costing more in terms of your time over the lifetime of the machine.

I have a similar LG model T75SKSF1Z. There are more drawbacks than good qualities in LG washing machines. It needs constant attention for everything. It puts in less water and half the clothes are dry. Then you have to manually increase water level or put wet towels in washing machine before starting it to make the wm think theres more clothes and increase water level.
Right, the solution was to wet the clothes to fool the machine to increase the water level

If the machine had say a bedsheets program then this would not be necessary as you would just select that program and be done with auto. Unfortunately, there is no such program with LG or Samsung top loaders that I can find. However, check out the IFB model interfaces here and you find IFB does have models with a blankets program that would automatically select a higher water level. Panasonic top loaders also have a Blankets program. But then you have service issues with brands like IFB or Panasonic if they don't deliver to your area.

Your machine does not even have a soil setting which the 8kg machines have.

Does the Strong or Jeans program #4 select a higher water level for a given load or is it the same as normal?

That would save you from having to manually wet any clothes or set the water level. Probably also has better wash quality than normal.

Otherwise, a permanent fix requires opening the machine and locating the water pressure sensor. This is for a Samsung to show what needs to be done.

Do you see the part with the Phillips head screw? That is what needs a turn to set the water level. Turn one way it allows more water, the other less. In your case a quarter or half turn of that screw is all it will take.

That's what the LG one looks like.

Get a tech in and ask if they can set it to a higher water level than the default for the auto program. It will take trial and error to find the correct level without overflowing.

Last edited:
It's all to do with loading. By creating a hollow space in the centre like he shows you provide a path for the clothes to circulate. Otherwise, they will remain where they were for the duration of the wash.
In top loaders that space in center goes away quickly even after balling the clothes. For some reason the constant front and back drum movement unravels the balled up clothes and they get tangled together and move as a unit. By 4-5 minutes, there's no space in middle. I tried baling the clothes and gave up on it. Maybe it works in front loader but not top loader. The wm needs an agitator going to top of wm like a cone to keep space in between imo.

Finally, I understand why the Jetspray+ feature was introduced in their higher-end top loaders. Their advertising for Jetspray+ is misleading. It has nothing to do with handwash and everything to do with recirculating water to the top clothes

Bet @bhp91 does not have this issue with his top loader :)

Finally, I understand why the Jetspray+ feature was introduced in their higher-end top loaders. Their advertising for Jetspray+ is misleading. It has nothing to do with handwash and everything to do with recirculating water to the top clothes

Bet @bhp91 does not have this issue with his top loader :)
my old samsung had some waterfall effect where it dumped water in the tub from some small slit above the drum onto clothes. Whether full, half full or at lowest water level it used to work. It used to come from some plastic slit opposite the lint filter i think. maybe that is the reason clothes came out really clean in that machine. It used to throw water on clothes quite nicely. Now i search FK and i see no such thing mentioned in their similar 6.5KG model. They have that water spraying thingy LG calls jetspay+ but call it superspray+ in some 10KG high end model and costs 24k. New washing machines have removed old useful things and give the bare minimum now. they could just make 3-5 models having everything but choose not to.

Got IFB 6 kg front loader with heater + steam for 17323.
My first machine so don't know how good or bad its performance is.
Can you link to the product?
my old samsung had some waterfall effect where it dumped water in the tub from some small slit above the drum onto clothes. Whether full, half full or at lowest water level it used to work. It used to come from some plastic slit opposite the lint filter i think. maybe that is the reason clothes came out really clean in that machine. It used to throw water on clothes quite nicely. Now i search FK and i see no such thing mentioned in their similar 6.5KG model. They have that water spraying thingy LG calls jetspay+ but call it superspray+ in some 10KG high end model and costs 24k. New washing machines have removed old useful things and give the bare minimum now. they could just make 3-5 models having everything but choose not to.
LG calls it Side Waterfall. Again the marketing is misleading. It's got nothing to do with mixing detergent and as you've discovered everything to do with wetting the top clothes.

Side waterfall.jpg

Guess what, when we look at the features of your machine it is listed as present

feature.jpg

Not there is it? :bored:

Last edited:
Click on IFB for product link.
Any chance you can post a clear photo of the underside like here ?

Want to know if the tub is sealed or not. So the photo should show the tub with screws or not.

Surprising to find this model has a manual available on their website. Earlier I did not find manuals for all the models.

Was a bit concerned when I did not see any temperature settings and just warm and hot.

Fortunately the manual specifies warm as 40 and hot as 60. Use warm as the default for washing clothes and tub cleans can be done on hotIFB warm hot.jpg

There is no prewash option nor a boil setting. This has got to be the most minimal front loader you can get. Small though.

You get what you pay for :meh:

Last edited:
Guess what, when we look at the features of your machine it is listed as present

Not there is it? :bored:
I can't see any side waterfall effect when the wash cycle is in operation. Even when i ran a drum clean mode with full water level i didn't any such side waterfall. I think LG is just lying. It must have been there in some old model but not there in the 2023 model. That diagram is completely misleading imo. It shows two lint filters when the machine has only 1. Water has to come out from lint filter cavity but i doubt it can be considered as part of waterfall. That entire plastic panel has just 2 holes - one hole for lint in water to get filtered and a tiny slit above the lint filter. There are no other holes in the plastic panel on side for water to come out. I think their genius graphics artist just photo shopped the mirror of lint filter side to make it look like water falling from all sides. Extremely misleading information. Wonder if i can complain to some government body about such misleading marketing information.

Edit: My old samsung had another cavity in top of the drum where water would come. Even the lint filter was bigger in it. It had all the features it advertised unlike the baseless claims like LG. I now know why people all over the world say to stay away from LG. Even their refrigerators are just basic devices with tall claims. Had a 2 door one and it was overpriced for what it did imo. Just like their washing machines. All overpriced devices. I won't buy any LG device again.

Last edited:
Any chance you can post a clear photo of the underside like here ?

Want to know if the tub is sealed or not. So the photo should show the tub with screws or not.

Surprising to find this model has a manual available on their website. Earlier I did not find manuals for all the models.

Was a bit concerned when I did not see any temperature settings and just warm and hot.

Fortunately the manual specifies warm as 40 and hot as 60. Use warm as the default for washing clothes and tub cleans can be done on hotView attachment 184243

There is no prewash option nor a boil setting. This has got to be the most minimal front loader you can get. Small though.

You get what you pay for :meh:
Getting underside pic looks difficult for now.
Got machine to help lighten our housemaid's workload.
Next step, a dishwasher and maaaaybe a clothes dryer (for winters / monsoon).

Back