Suggest which washer, drier to buy

gigy

Disciple
Hi all,
I am planning to replace our washing machine and plan to go for washer drier instead of only washing machine. i don't have reviews from any family/friends as to which model to go for. have seen two models of LG. they also have a steam model.
Model : F1403RDS29
Washer : 9.0 Kg
Dryer : 5.0 Kg

Inverter Direct Drive Technology
Allergy Care
Steam Refresh
Medic Rinse
Baby Care
Intensive Wash
Tub Clean
Pre Wash.

Model : F1203CDP
Washer : 6.0 Kg
Dryer : 3.0 Kg

Inverter Direct Drive Technology
Intensive Wash
Baby Care
Tub Clean
Rinse Plus
Favourite
Pre Wash

do these give completely dried clothes. i want to avoid clothes line in new house. any better brand,suggestions are welcome.

Nobody to help with suggestions?

i presume not many have tried this option as yet. siemens also has a washer drier but pricey. i might settle for the lg model but want a demo of the drier working since it is supposed to be the loudest function. any suggestions on where washing machine demos are available in mumbai?

There is a new samsung model also available in market with drier function and less noiser than lg. i dont know if the sales man was promoting samsung.

Any feed back guys?

you can ask 'adder' to comment on this, he seems to have lots of knowledge regarding these, his views on a whirlpool washing machine was helpful

I thought that the washer / dryer models are expensive (30 k upwards). The steam model will be super expensive (I am hoping that they'll reduce the price for that). They claim to give 100% dry clothes , but personally, I have no experience.
Between samsung and LG, not sure, but that inverter drive thing may give LG a +1. They claim that it greatly reduces the noise. I don't think Samsung has that.

would like to revive this thread which discussed washer dryers and steam washers way back in 2010.

now in 2012, user reactions from those who use or have researched washer dryers..

seems fine renegade, this is the only washer drier thread on this forum. surprisingly

not too many reactions on buying washer dryers. calling users to share their experience

and researchers for their expertise

Having to remove excess clothes manually at the end of the wash is painful. Why buy a combo at all? They will become popular only when the capacity for washing and drying are matched.

Back