Suggestion about Paypal transaction - What to do ?

nikhilpoddar

Disciple
Hi guys,

i need all your inputs on this.

Came across this craiglist where a guy from usa is selling galaxy s iii for $350 through paypal. He has provided the pics and all. Though it seems genuine to me, i wanted ur suggestion to go ahead with this transaction.

What i want to know is if i make this transaction and makes the payment and he sends me the parcel to new york ( i will be using shop and ship account) and later i find that's it's a hoax, will paypal refund me the amount under their buyer protection scheme.

or

Shall i ask him to list on ebay and buy it from there. I know for one thing, ebay do protect its buyers against such fraud.

Please reply asap.

CL is for hand to hand deal , ebay for shipping and such . The first and the only rule of CL is check the item physically thats why its on CL and not ebay . CL doesn't give protection but paypal might give not sure .
Tell him to list on ebay but if he wanted to list on ebay he would have done that and not put on CL . Its a bad choice to ship from CL rest is your decision . When a deal is too good to be true then its not true . Why is he selling it you for $350 when he can easily can $450+ for it on ebay . He is shipping it right then why not list on ebay , make money and ship .

Paypal does provide protection but there are many ways to fool people. What if the variant is Verizon with bad ESN ? As far as paypal is concerned the agreed item was Galaxy S3 and they wont bother. CL deals should be done face to face, not getting it shipped.

And always remember, if something is too good to be true, it probably is.

Hi guys,

i need all your inputs on this.

Came across this craiglist where a guy from usa is selling galaxy s iii for $350 through paypal. He has provided the pics and all. Though it seems genuine to me, i wanted ur suggestion to go ahead with this transaction.

What i want to know is if i make this transaction and makes the payment and he sends me the parcel to new york ( i will be using shop and ship account) and later i find that's it's a hoax, will paypal refund me the amount under their buyer protection scheme.

or

Shall i ask him to list on ebay and buy it from there. I know for one thing, ebay do protect its buyers against such fraud.

Please reply asap.

Don't ever ever try to get something shipped from a seller on craigslist.

Only way to deal with sellers on CL

1) Cash Only
2) In person at a neutral location. (mall/Starbucks, etc).
3) Test the item at time of purchase.

Back