PC Peripherals suggestion for 200GB IDE HDD / DVD-RW

smsrohit

Disciple
No dealer in lamington road has seagate 200GB PATA HDD, though 160GB is available,but Maxtor 200GB is available.
So how is maxtor HDD , dunno much about them, so should i go for maxtor, or settle for 160GB seagate, price difference between Seagate 160GB and 200Gb is 1000/-rs ?.
BenQ 1640 is also out of stock, been enquiring about them since 2week!.
So suggest me a good alternate for BenQ 1640. Prime has Plextor, but costly as compared to benq. :Comp3:

Maxtor DiamondMax 9's are amongst the worst drives ever made - I have 2 of them. Dont touch them even if you are paid to take them :) - on the other hand the next generation of the Maxtors which are the Diamond Max 10 and the Maxline 3 are meant to be very good - the user reports on both these series have been good in the storagereview forum. BUT nowdays the Hitachi's are reported to be among the best avaialble - these are the 7k series. I have a PATA 160gb Hitachi of this series and it is pretty good. When I checked last month the price for a Hitachi 250gb SATA was 6k.

About the Seagates there are some who liike them a lot and some dont - the 7200.7 were good then the 7200.8 came out and were not so good and had problems and now the 7200.9 series are out but these are new and I have not checked the user comments on these new drives.

smsrohit said:
No dealer in lamington road has seagate 200GB PATA HDD, though 160GB is available,but Maxtor 200GB is available.
So how is maxtor HDD , dunno much about them, so should i go for maxtor, or settle for 160GB seagate, price difference between Seagate 160GB and 200Gb is 1000/-rs ?.
BenQ 1640 is also out of stock, been enquiring about them since 2week!.
So suggest me a good alternate for BenQ 1640. Prime has Plextor, but costly as compared to benq. :Comp3:

The best alternate for BenQ 1640 is the Sony DRU810A Internal Dual Layer 16X DVD-RW Drive for Rs. 3500.

Back