Suggestion for 20GB+ MP3 Player

Darthcoder

Mirko!
Skilled
Hi All,

Need to decide on an Mp3 player.
I want one with a minimum of 20 GB Storage.
The Only criteria is sound quality. Display and all dont matter.
Budget is arnd 18K.
Getting it through a friend in Singapore.
Want to avoid iPod.
Current favourites:
Sony NW-HD5 ( Doesnt play mp3, plays only atrac, so thats a disadvantage..)
iRiver H320/H340
Creative Nomad Jukebox NX.

Suggestions Welcome :) ??

Thanks,
DC.

Here is what i can recommend :

Iriver H320

Pros : 1)line out, very important when u wanna connect it to your music system , if u use the headphone jack , u will get a lot of static.
2) good battery life
3) Colour screen , there are s/w hacks available which can make it play like a video player too .
4) FM , mic

Cons : 1)doesnt support on the fly play list ( a must have , on long trips at least , to suit ur diff moods , one cant jus make playlists on the computer which suits every occasion )
2) The scrolling is not that refined though managable .

looking for a complete solution , go for this , though i personally cannot sacrifice the ' on the fly playlist option '

Creative Zen Touch 20 GB

pros : 1) excellent sound quality
2) Excellent battery life
3) supports on the fly playlists .

cons : no mic , no fm , no Line out/in .

All in all a no nonsense true MP3 player with the best sound quality around. If you dont care about the frills go for it . true value for money .

Cowon iAudio X5

excellent set of features , plays video files , very good sound quality , extensive file support . Read the review :
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1759,1833882,00.asp?kc=PCRSS02129TX1K0000530
My recommendation

check out the cnet user reviews http://reviews.cnet.com/Cowon_iAudio_X5_20GB/4852-6490_7-31383684.html?tag=uolst , very rare to have such kinda rating .(please note that cnet's own review ratings is kinda biased , they are more of IPOD supporters since its ruled by the public factor , who in general need spoon feeding and extreme ease of use )

Neuros 20 gig Mp3 player

Excellent features : in built FM transmitter , mic , music fingerprinting ( check their website for the same )
The code for the software is let out to the world and its developed in the open source community . Features keep adding every now and then .

only con : size and not so visibly attractive .

@ragin, thanx mate...

Neuros is too bulky....so am kinda wary of it.
With regards to the Cowon iaudio x5, Its got too many features .
Wud be happy with a cheaper player that does the main thing nice (that is , having the best sound quality).

I looked here -> http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-6450_7-6247126-1.html

and i have to say am getting attracted towards the HD5. They say that it has the best sound. Although feature-wise iaudio maybe better, but I am all after the sound quality.

Thanks for ur suggestions.
Will have a look at others like Zen Touch,iaudio and Iriver H320/240 too.

EDIT: Sony HD5 plays mp3s too.. :D.

DC.

Last edited by a moderator:
Darthcoder said:
Hi All,

Need to decide on an Mp3 player.
I want one with a minimum of 20 GB Storage.
The Only criteria is sound quality. Display and all dont matter.
Budget is arnd 18K.
Getting it through a friend in Singapore.
Want to avoid iPod.
Current favourites:
Sony NW-HD5 ( Doesnt play mp3, plays only atrac, so thats a disadvantage..)
iRiver H320/H340
Creative Nomad Jukebox NX.

Suggestions Welcome :) ??

Thanks,
DC.
Sony NW-HD3 plays both Mp3 n ATRAC3..but encrypts the songs so that u cant copy to another comp...and the looks...the looks are :hap2: .

price 22990/-.

my frnd got an iRiver (dont know model no..will find out)..but it has a 3inch High Res LCD, 20GB, and with a firmware upgrade..cud play upto DIVX5.0 :clap: ..all for 14K in germany (thts where he got it from)

Back