Monitors Suggestion for 24" Lcd

SoulFire

Skilled
Since the prices r gettin cheaper THINKIN of a 24: lcd the dell 2407wfp is sweet with like 5 yrs warranty should come for 40kish

anybody know any other lcd for the price which is better,better performace too would be nice

let the suggestions flow in:hap2:

The 244t is said to have severe input lag (not tolerable for it's price) apart from this it's good.
The price of 2407 has not been matched yet, But there are rumours of a benq 24" with better features to come out about september 1st week and with a similar price tag too, but as we all know that dell knows how to win price wars so dell will lower it's prices and remain at the TOP.
So go for the 2407, and if possible wait for a month or so cause there will be price drops.

SoulFire said:
could you post ack pics/opinions once u get it PALEASE

delivery time 3-4weeks or wut did they tell u ?

they told me around 2-3 weeks for delivery... will post pics once i get it up and running

burnz said:
go for the 2407.. i juz ordered mine 2 days ago.. can't wait for it to get here... paid 40k shipped

Hey once you do get it, let us know what the revision is. I was going through Dell's Website and noticed that the online configuration was being run off Dell's SG Portal (sg.dell.com). Most probably it should be the A02 :)

wolfff said:
Hey once you do get it, let us know what the revision is. I was going through Dell's Website and noticed that the online configuration was being run off Dell's SG Portal (sg.dell.com). Most probably it should be the A02 :)

yes, most likely it will be A02... afaik, all of Dell's asia pacific fulfilments are done from out of their central distribution warehouse in penang, malaysia... so the LCD will travel from Penang to Bangalore, then from Bangalore to your city... i know some of the singapore chaps are getting the A02 revisions of late, so it's probably safe to assume that new orders are going to be A02

yeah i did... they had no idea what the latest revision was, but assured me that i will be getting the latest revision... anything less, and they will do an instant replacement...

^^ any luck?

OT: I was quoted 28.8k for the 2007WFP. too high for me. so what are the chances of dell lowering their prices if i do some bargaining? has anyone done that?

i've never managed to bargain with Dell before... although when i got my 2405 lcd back in s'pore, the local hardware forum guys managed to get a group discount by doing a mass order with one of the dell sales reps... so we managed to get about 10% off the online price with a minimum order of 5 LCDs...

well, if someone can put together a collective order of at least 5 LCDs, maybe you can convince the sales rep to give a discount...

no looking back for me now already since my 2407 order is already placed... but no harm trying ur luck for rest of you guys who are still deciding to get it or not :)

Google said:
Did you try to bargain mentioning the 'issues' ??

honestly, the minor banding issues are just about invisible to the naked eye... and for 90% of applications, you won't notice it... maybe it'll be noticeable only to high-end users doing graphics and video editing work... for most of us using it for surfing/gaming/multimedia playback/office docs etc, it'll hardly be noticeable.. my 2 cents ;)

I completely agree with you but what is the harm if you save a few bucks just mentioning it.

We'll wait for you to recieve your's then ;), let you be the lab rat :)and place aur orders after good testing.

ive tried bargaining and all they say is that the issues have been fixed and if u notice the issues they will replace the lcd with another one free lol

:) :) Try to find someone who works in dell. If a dell employee buys dell prods they might get discounts. They are giving 50% discount on laptops to dell employees.

Back