Suggestion for a decent RIG

meterate

Disciple
Hi,
I have been wanted to build a decent RIG for so long and now am able to afford one. But the current plethora of options just makes me more confused on what to buy.
Below are details of my Current PC.

Processor - Pentium 4(D)
Motherboard - The normal standard one.
Ram - 2GB DDR 2
Monitor - 15 inch Esys
DVD Drive - LG
Graphic Card - Sapphire HD 4670
Hard Disk - Barracuda 500 GB

Now, am ready to upgrade my computer on a whole and have started with buying
1) 24 " DELL ST2420L FULL HD LED monitor
2) Corsair 650TX V2
I bought the above two keeping GTX 560 Ti in mind.

I need some suggestions on what Motherboard, Processor, RAM and Chasis to buy.
"Note: I have never overclocked anything before but as long as i dont break any device am ready for OVERCLOCKING."

Motherboard: A Z68 motherboard, but needs to be good, cheap and future proof. Budget below 10000 INR
Processor: Sandy Bridge I5 .(What is the cheapest and best ?) Budget Below 10000 INR
RAM: Corsair Vengence 2 x 4GB 1600 KIT (3600 INR).
Chasis: Good decent and again future proof one which can hold all the above mentioned stuff.

Personally i would love to wrap up Motherboard, Processor and RAM within 20000 INR since the graphic card will cost me 13800 INR.

Is there a possible solution for me ? All comments are welcome.

If you want me to modify my list also, am ready to listen. But PSU and monitor have already been bought by me.

Also, i cant afford I7 processor and IVY bridge if available to purchase.

CPU ~ i5 2500K ~ needed for overclocking ~ 10.8k

mobo ~ Intel z68 based board ~ approx 8k

RAM ~ G.Skill Sniper 2x 4GB ~ 2.65k

You will be slightly above the 20k mark.

However, you can opt for a more feature rich mobo by opting for p67 chipset instead of z68. price will remain more or less same. you will lose the IGP capability.

Also, Ivy bridge will be launching next year only.

Also you can get more cash by listing your existing stuff for sale on TE!

You will have to increase your budget for the motherboard if you want a decent Z68 motherboard. You can get an Intel DZ68DB for 7200, but it has a lot of features missing and not worth getting it. A decent Z68 motherboard will cost you atleast 11k. You can get a decent P67 motherboard for 9-10k.

If you are strictly on a budget, then you will have to leave out overclocking, get an i5 2500 and an H67 motherboard..

OCing is not necessary in SB since it already has plenty of potential in it. Unless you are an enthusiast you can go the H67 route.

So i would say,

Core i5 2400 ~ 9.2k

Intel DH67BL(B3) ~ 5.2k

2* 4GB Corsair 1333MHz Value RAM ~ 2.4k or Gskill F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL ~ 2.7k

NZXT Gamma ~ 2.2k

Total: ~19k-19.3k.

This way you would have enough moolah to get a N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II/OC @ Rs.13,600/-

Back