Audio Suggestion for a great 2.1 Speaker for music Listening (Better than my 6021)

Casual Gamer

Disciple
Guys, I am currently using Altec Lansing MX6021 with a X-Fi Titanium card. I am very pleased with the performance and nothing to complain about it. Just want to try something new and better now and that also must be an 2.1 setup . I will upgrade the speaker only and the titanium will be used with the new speaker. I will buy the speaker from S.P. road, Bangalore. So, consider the availability of the speaker in Bangalore when giving suggestions.. Advanced Thanks.:)

Casual Gamer said:
Guys, I am currently using Altec Lansing MX6021 with a X-Fi Titanium card. I am very pleased with the performance and nothing to complain about it. Just want to try something new and better now and that also must be an 2.1 setup . I will upgrade the speaker only and the titanium will be used with the new speaker. I will buy the speaker from S.P. road, Bangalore. So, consider the availability of the speaker in Bangalore when giving suggestions.. Advanced Thanks.:)
Creative Gigaworks T3 - An excellent speaker but it will come for Rs. 14k

bennysachdev said:
AE5 or Rokit6
Topic creator hasn't mentioned his budget so considering his small to gud budget, I have suggest him Creative gigaworks T3 which is an excellent speaker set got rave reviews all over the net.

My budget is not more than 10,000(max 11,000) rupees for the speaker only.. As I know about the T3 it's a great piece of equipment for listening music. But I have no idea about how much differerce will I feel with the T3 than my present MX6021 which is also a Top class speaker.. About AudioEngine5, I have no idea at all. Please tell me at which shops(mention shop name) in S.P. road may I get the T3 or AE5. any model other than these two would also be appriciated in this price range..:)

Casual Gamer said:
My budget is not more than 10,000(max 11,000) rupees for the speaker only.. As I know about the T3 it's a great piece of equipment for listening music. But I have no idea about how much differerce will I feel with the T3 than my present MX6021 which is also a Top class speaker.. About AudioEngine5, I have no idea at all. Please tell me at which shops(mention shop name) in S.P. road may I get the T3 or AE5. any model other than these two would also be appriciated in this price range..:)
A5 is an audiophile speaker, great for music listening but will come at a price of Rs. minimum 19k. As far as AudioEngine A2 is concern which is also a gud speaker so I say u won't be satisfy with it as u have heard MX6021 at louder volume so the only and excellent option is Creative Gigaworks T3.

How about Logitech's Z2300? I heard, it's bass and highs are great but lacks midrange.. I also like bass:D but won't consider Z2300 if it's midrange is too lacking for a top notch speaker..at last I would say sound clarity & tight bass are my priority..

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Where are the audiophile people of TechEnclave? Plz answer my question carefully.

Casual Gamer said:
How about Logitech's Z2300? I heard, it's bass and highs are great but lacks midrange.. I also like bass:D but won't consider Z2300 if it's midrange is too lacking for a top notch speaker..at last I would say sound clarity & tight bass are my priority..

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Where are the audiophile people of TechEnclave? Plz answer my question carefully.

Logitech have stopped production of Z-2300.

Anyway you can read my review: Logitech Z-2300 : Mega Review

Within ten grand it is hard to find a 2.1 speaker system that can beat the Z-2300. I have a Z-2300, MX-6021, MX-5021, T3.

At least for me, Z-2300 is the king of them all.

antz123 said:
if you can find try a Klipsch 2.1 should be around 11K and awesome

It's very tough to find a Klipsch Promedia 2.1 now because they are out of production many days ago.. klipsch promedia GMX 2.1 is available which is not as good as previous edition.

Casual Gamer said:
It's very tough to find a Klipsch Promedia 2.1 now because they are out of production many days ago.. klipsch promedia GMX 2.1 is available which is not as good as previous edition.
Klipsch Promedia 2.1 is very very hard to find so don't even think of it. As I've already suggested u Creative gigaworks T3, just go for it without any doubt.

If its for music listening the T3 or the T40 by Creative Gigaworks are pretty good. I'm aware that the OP has asked for a 2.1 but the T40 as a 2.0 has pretty good bass. Tight and punchy rather than boomy. More of an vfm audiophile's speaker if you may.

bennysachdev said:
If its for music listening the T3 or the T40 by Creative Gigaworks are pretty good. I'm aware that the OP has asked for a 2.1 but the T40 as a 2.0 has pretty good bass. Tight and punchy rather than boomy. More of an vfm audiophile's speaker if you may.

How is Creative's T40 compared to AE5? I am comparing these two speaker's Low frequency(Bass) especially.. For midranges & highs both of them are gems I know that.. Which One's bass is more punchier?

I haven't A/B'ed the A5 with the T40 neck to neck. But from what I can remember from memory is that the T40 has more quantity(since there is a direct knob on one speaker to let you adjust the bass) So you can tighten it or make it boomy depending on the genre. Quality wise, AE5 should be better but it doesn't have the knobs to control the treble and bass from the speaker.

Casual Gamer said:
How is Creative's T40 compared to AE5? I am comparing these two speaker's Low frequency(Bass) especially.. For midranges & highs both of them are gems I know that.. Which One's bass is more punchier?

what are other member's opinions about this..?

Back