Suggestion for buying 32inch starting range TV

kartikoli

Skilled
I am looking to gift a TV to a needy family and think 32' smart TV would be fine also will transfer my existing 50Mbps fiber connection so they all can use it. The TV will be used mainly for watching news or Youtube as I know they are not fond of watching movies or series.

My range is around 15k for the TV, I've checked amazon and found Mi 4A in this range so is it a good choice? there are few TV adds on OLX who they claim to be new for 11k and adding an android box for 2.5k makes it 13.5k. Are these even good to be considered?

When I checked amazon reviews there are several complains of software failure but those seems to be from 2019, maybe Mi already fixed those issues? any suggestions.
Need suggestions, Mi or other options in this range?

Looks like a good deal https://www.amazon.in/dp/B08PZ6HZLT/ref=cm_sw_r_wa_apa_glt_fabc_KDQT2TX182NS7GDWKRQT?th=1

Last edited:
Most, if not all 32" TVs in the market are nowadays "hd ready" or 720p. Personally I'm not a fan of sub 1080p resolutions, so just thought of pointing it out.

Currently they don't know about this purchase and just asked me if there is zero finance available and if EMI could be as low as 500 per month. I want to give them a surprise and buy it myself without putting any financial burden on them. Yesterday came across a deal on Realme TV, looks better than the model I've suggested and with HDFC it becomes lot better https://www.flipkart.com/realme-80-...aram2=CL_16&affExtParam1=20210501clzcuyd8edzq

I know 720p is not great but its more than enough for them so that works

though not Android,
I'd suggest a Samsung / LG TV for better picture quality & good sound.

caution: looks like flipkart prices have drastically increased !

Full lockdown here in Lucknow also I asked local dealer near me and he quoted 19.5k for Samsung, 16k for Onida, 18.5k for Mi TV and Sansui

Onida is no where to be seen now a days, I remember using Onida thunder 1000W with huge sub woofers and great bass but thats history

^ sorry, Onida is still sold at major dealers (ex Hyderabad, Chennai) . Technically Onida
products are expected to be stable. its after sales service is also known to be good.

I think Realme TV would be better than Nokia anyday
Dropped the idea of TV, I think they can use the money on meds rather than entertainment

Last edited:
Back