suggestion for GTX 580 !

giwi

Recruit
i m planning to get a GTX 580 but then i m confused with the brands . i m more concerned with the quality and the after sales service (RMA) . my preference is ASUS .
please help .

This thread should be in Graphics card section but never-mind seeing that you're a new member Welcome to TE.

ZOTAC and XFX should be the brands you should look out for. ASUS has a bad reputation here on TE due to poor RMA handling all over India so people will ask you to avoid at all costs or only buy as a last ditch maneuverer.

P.S. now that I mentioned that where this thread should be don't create another thread there, use this one only.

I Vote For Zotac GTX 580 :D... coz Zotac cards comes wid 2+3=5 yrs warranty(To avail extra 3yrs warranty u have to register the card online within 15 days from the date of purchase ;))

Hades. said:
I Vote For Zotac GTX 580 :D... coz Zotac cards comes wid 2+3=5 yrs warranty(To avail extra 3yrs warranty u have to register the card online within 15 days from the date of purchase ;))
With all this debacle about Sapphire warranty i wont recommend Zotac based on that +3 yrs warranty directly from Zotac. I dont think any of the TE members have used that warranty till date and only after someone uses it and all goes smooth should we consider the +3 yrs warranty.

Else its better to go with brand like MSI which offers full three years warranty directly from service centers all over india.

ALPHA17 said:
This thread should be in Graphics card section but never-mind seeing that you're a new member Welcome to TE.

ZOTAC and XFX should be the brands you should look out for. ASUS has a bad reputation here on TE due to poor RMA handling all over India so people will ask you to avoid at all costs or only buy as a last ditch maneuverer.

P.S. now that I mentioned that where this thread should be don't create another thread there, use this one only.
If I am not wrong even XFX RMA is handled by Rashi, so they are also not recommended. As suggested by others, I will also vote for Zotac and MSI

thanks for your valuable suggestions , well i will go for MSI or ZOTAC then .

i m planning to purchase it online . which site do you recommend ?

what about the MSI GTX 580 TWIN FROZR edition , how good is it , is it really worth the extra bucks ? and regarding its price and availability.........??

giwi said:
i m planning to get a GTX 580 but then i m confused with the brands . i m more concerned with the quality and the after sales service (RMA) . my preference is ASUS .
please help .

dont buy GTX580 now, expecially with the Dual-GTX580 and HD6990 just about to launch. It may cause price changes, or change in buying decisions.

msi oc 28.5k incl...since i paid 28.5k for the first card i requested mr.pradip(md computers) to keep the price same for the second card also..In newegg the prices are same for both oc and standard editions but in india they increase the price...the clocks of the oc edition are really good...... MD COMPUTERS also gave me a good deal on corsair ax1200 for 17.5k inclusive

i dont think the prices of 580 are going to come down as the dual 580 and the 6990 are in a totally different league in terms of performance so don't wait ,,just go and get it :)

Back