Video Suggestion for LCD + Home Theatre

Hi Guys...
Well actually was in the market for a LCD and home theatre. The budget is 75k.
The stress is obviously on the LCD with say around 12k for the home theatre. Saw one from sony with 5.1 and dvd player for that much. So guys lemme know what your suggestions are...

Thanx and eagerly waiting. :)

Sony Bravia KLV-32S310A/B for 50k :D

or the Hitachi 32 inch (i dunno the price) if within budget as Hitachi uses a 8bit S-IPS panel whereas Sony uses a 8bit S-PVA panel :)

PriyoBan said:
hey xams got over t'day dude. neway i saw a few 46 inch ones for arnd 65. y 32?

which 46 inch LCD is 65k ? -seems there is a price crash for LCD even in India ( normally all manufacturers of LCD have a firm belief that they put a deep hand into us Indian pockets for giving gift of LCD TVs to Indian genre )

yeah.. man even i wanna c a 46" for 65k.. tat would be nice.. although for 46" it needs to be a fullhd for sure.. anything less would be a compromise!

anyways if u can up your budget a little.. have a look at hitachi 42" full hd lcd.. its available for 85k's (atleast online it shows that ).. planin to go check it out tomo for myself.!!

Man... the TE responses have gone southward very dissapointed... I am... went and purchased neway...

1. Philips 42pfl7422

2. Sony Home Theater DAV-DZ850KW with wireless rear spearkers.

Total Rs. 110000.

^I have that TV. Very nice, small backlighting issues on black backgrounds though. They've introduced the PFL7482, fixes those issues

i thot ur budget was 85k's??

anyways i stil think the hitachi would hav been a bettr buy at this price level..!

anyways congrats on ur purchase!!

dude.. dont go by specs on paper alone.. go and c the units in action in person.

Also the hitachi is full hd and a s-ips panel (its this panel which gives best view from all angles unlike others which blacken out at extreme angles of vision.)

So id recommend go check out the screens in person if possible.. and also otherwise dont change your opinion based on my views alone.

^The Philips is an S-IPS panel as well.
Viewing angles are quite good. Priyoban, change the order to the 7482 if possible (if you want to stick with Philips).

Well I did c it in person and liked the philips a lot I wanted to know wat your views would be. A hint of backlighting problem yes... but only a hint... I can live with it. Can be tweaked by adjusting the brightness. So am sticking with it. It's gonna be here in a few hours anyway. And how is the Philips after sales... altho I dont c much of a need with a lcd neway but still.

^I think it's an excellent panel. Not too sure about the HT setup you've picked up.. I've gone down the discrete route, Onkyo + Wharfedale.
Anyway, that backlighting issue is only on some dark backgrounds, eg. the GT5 Prologue loading screen.

wel since you checkd it out.. im sure it would be a wonderful set..

as a matter of fact id visited the guy i buy electronics from a couple of weeks back an he suggested philips back then.. so im sure it has to be good!

do post pics an a review (if possible) whn u get it.. :)

Back