Video suggestion for LCd/Plasma for gaming lounge

anshul_coolguy

Disciple
Oct 20, 2006
hi to all,

I was looking for setting up LCD TV 6 qty.... around in my new gaming lounge for console Ps3 and xbox 360

company which i liked-------1)LG

features i am looking for -------32 hd ready/32 full hd

2)Sony.

features i am looking for ---------32 hd ready /32 full hd

as they are giving me best discount around 10% ....on MRP..

also after seeing some review i thaught of getting Plasma

company for which i got plasma is only ---1)LG

features i got ----

42 plasma.600 hz motion

again 10% discount on mpr.

they said it will cost u under 40k

my max budget is under 40k only

i am completly looking for gaming exp not sound LCD/plasma

.please suggest some LCD Tv.........

Chaos

Skilled
Jan 29, 2005
Avoid plasmas for a commercial place as you'll pay more electricity bills compared to 32" LCDs. Plus even thought they have decent lives now, they'll still have a lower life span than LCDs.

In 32", look at the Sony EX series or Philips 5609.

anshul_coolguy

Disciple
Oct 20, 2006
hey chaos,

thanks for response.but i have researced a bit it said PLasma life is not that lower .and also what is the price of philips 5600

others members can still give there suggestion

cheers

anshul

adder

Skilled
Jul 8, 2007
+1 ^^.
I believe they would be sitting quite close to the tv,so one would need a FHD lcd,for games and at close distance the sharp/crisp picture of the lcd is better,since some can spot phospor trailing/dithering etc in plasmas,if its a HD ready 42" plasma the pixel size is about the same size of 21" crt pitch size.
The plasma tvs also expel more heat then lcds adding further burden to the A.C hence more power bills,especialy when bright objects or white screen is diplayed,this also the same time one can hear the buzzing sound,at close distances.
If the gaming parlour has sunlight or some lights in front or the sides of the screen the glare from plasmas is going to wash out the screen resulting in very poor contrast ,washed out colors.

32" lcds should do fine the sony ex/samsung yet to be launched c5xx & the above said philips 5609 are all good choices.