CPU/Mobo Suggestion for MOBO-PROCCY combo

aKp1

Disciple
Hi, techy guys!!
I am on a verge to upgrade my pc!!
And on looking at my PC utility(Gaming, Photoshop, Video Encoding), I have selected i5-2400!
I want it to be futureproof as to why cuz I am not going to upgrade it for next 1 or 2 years!
I need a suitable mobo for it, I already have 8 gigs of RAM n other components but I want it to be over in under 15k!
Pz suggest! N if better combo is there, pz provide me details!
I may overclock but only if I am unsatisfied!! Not a die hard overclocker!

Can you post what you've bought and please do not use SMS language here use proper English.Here's what you should get-
Intel i5 2400-10.5k
Intel DH67BL-B3-5.6k
You won't be able to overclock this processor but your budget is limited so this is the best you can get.:)

Yeah I have a corsair vengeance DDR3 - 4gb 1333 Mhz
WD Caviar 500 gb HDD
PSU Corsair VX450
Nvidia GT450 DDR5 2GB

---------- Post added at 05:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 PM ----------

And bro, what if I need to overclock?? Just a suggestion maybe I collect some more cash n go for something better!!

If you want to overclock you'd have to get-
Intel i5 2500K-13.5k+Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO-2.2k[For overclocking]
ASRock Z77 Extreme 4-10,5k
Yeah I have a corsair vengeance DDR3 - 4gb 1333 Mhz
WD Caviar 500 gb HDD
PSU Corsair VX450
Nvidia GT450 DDR5 2GB

---------- Post added at 05:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 PM ----------

And bro, what if I need to overclock?? Just a suggestion maybe I collect some more cash n go for something better!!

Alr8 bro, but nothing with that i5-2400?? I mean this Asrock will do work with that but won't be overclocked or so?? I know about that k factor though!

---------- Post added at 06:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------

And is that H67 best for i5-2400? Cuz I had seen this Asus P8H61 somewher!

Alr8 bro, but nothing with that i5-2400?? I mean this Asrock will do work with that but won't be overclocked or so?? I know about that k factor though!

And is that H67 best for i5-2400? Cuz I had seen this Asus P8H61 somewher!

Jakob already requested you to cut down on SMS shorthand, it makes a mess of syntax and confuses us. So please I request you to avoid using the same here.

Yes the ASRock Z77 and Core i5 2400 are compatible but, the processor is locked and cannot be over-clocked; so you can either sacrifice the over-clock feature OR go the whole hog and get a Core i5 2500k along with the Z77 motherboard.

The Intel DH67-BL is a good motherboard for most Sandy-Bridge build because it offers all the features, like USB 3.0, SATA III et al of the board whilst the H61 lacks these and thus is cheaper. So now it is your choice.

Hope this explains the situation, Cheerio!!

Thank you brothers, I am sorry about that mistake! Because, I'm actually on a mobile!! And 1 last question, do I have to change my psu and also do I have to get a better processor fan or the default will do the job??

I just came across the z68 mobos! Which is 1 of the cheapest z68?? The "lucid virtu" is really fascinating!! I would like to have 1¤

do I have to change my psu and also do I have to get a better processor fan or the default will do the job?

Well you are not going to over-clock, right? Because if you are going to go for an over-clock capable system you will need to get the --

Seasonic S12II 520W ~3800/- OR higher rated SMPS.

If you are over-clocking you will need at-least the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO ~2400/- to maintain decent temperatures and a credible headroom for over-clocking. If not the stock Intel cooler will do fine.

I just came across the z68 mobos! Which is 1 of the cheapest z68?

Lucid Virtu is a half baked technology with not a very effective usage scenario. So I would say avoid but, if you are insistent on getting a capable system go for a Z77 based motherboard [the Z77 is a successor to the Z68 and improves on most of its strengths].

Hope this helps, Cheerio!!

Back