SUggestion for new phone

SoulFire

Skilled
Ok well i lost my phone today, i feel like shyt :( :( :(

wel taht means i have 2 buy a new fone and i dont wanna spend 2 much yet retain key things i will need

1. as much battery life as possible
2.good camera( at least 2mp)
3.dont care about playin mp3s ( but should have a LOUD ringtone)

im not too sure how much to spend but i had a nokia 6630 earlier n was quite nice.

fones im looking at
N72
K790i(maybe over budget any idea about grey prices in mumbai)
K750i
N70(dont need the 3g so i think n72 is better)
anything in samsung which is VFM n fits my budget
looking for latest pricies + some suggestions:cool2: peace

I wouldn't suggest you go for the K750i

Anyway, I know the prices to some of the pieces:

K790i = 17,500 IRS with warranty

K750i - 9,750 IRS With warranty

Both prices from Alfa.

I'm sick of Nokia, so don't even check their prices, sorry :p

Give us a few more things that you'll take into consideration .. If the camera is all important, then nothing comes close to the k790 ..

I would suggest a Sony Erricson. Check out what model suits u but k750 is decent enough, though not flash and a show off kinda mobile. Its sleek and discrete.

http://www.indiagsm.com/search1.asp?s1=Sony ericsson

its 17.5k with bill n warranty ? how much would i be spending on mmc for this baby ?

k750i joystick + replacement issues r makin me think twice

edit: ok some important stuff, im kinda user 2 nokia wherein when u just call some1 n it starts ringing the name of the person turns into a "call" display on screen so u can give people missed calls without putting the fone to your ear,is this possible with k790i?

k790i-is there a call timer while the call is going on ?

p.s. flash is reqd,looks NOT important

Get the k750i/w700i if looking for anything below 15k, for anything above get the n70/n72...get the k790i if you want better cam...though the video recording sucks :(

hope somebody could answer my small query above,matters 2 me alot, and yeah im aware of the video recording of the k790i but u gotta put up with some thing for the price,however it has a great camera n build quality.

Have you seen the K790i in person? It's one FUGLY cell phone. Looks just as shabby as the K750i, and also has a joystick.

Sorry, but I can't shed any light on the whole "missed call" scenario.

I would only suggest the K790i if you REALLY want the cam, else hit up the W810i and call it a day, just my 2 cents.

W810i = 14,100 IRS Alfa with 1 year warranty.

As for the memory cards, I believe it's 1,400 - 1,500 IRS for the Sony/Sandisk ones 1GB ones.

SoulFire said:
edit: ok some important stuff, im kinda user 2 nokia wherein when u just call some1 n it starts ringing the name of the person turns into a "call" display on screen so u can give people missed calls without putting the fone to your ear,is this possible with k790i?

Nah, you only get the calling screen while the cell is ringing at the other end, the timer starts only when the person picks up the phone

SoulFire said:
k790i-is there a call timer while the call is going on ?
Yup!

Unrealistic said:
As for the memory cards, I believe it's 1,400 - 1,500 IRS for the Sony/Sandisk ones 1GB ones.

Thats for the regular memory stick pro duo ones, the m2 cards will be much harder to find and also much more expensive :(

thexfactor said:
Nah, you only get the calling screen while the cell is ringing at the other end, the timer starts only when the person picks up the phone

Yup!

nana ,try a nokia fone ull get wut i mean, what i meant was like u scroll thru ur addy n on a name u hit the green button so it comes like

"calling xfactor"

in nokia the moment it starts ringing(the call goes thru and the phopne is ringing on the other side) that "calling xfactor" turns to a "call" on teh screen

when picked up it shows " connected +91982xxxxx" and the timer begins

then you could jus pres the right top button to go2 loudspeaker mode ( very handy), lets see how many actually understand what i mean:bleh:

Ok think I got you ... when you call someone in SE, i.e when the phone starts to ring you get the loudspeaker option is assigned for the top-left key, when the no is still being dialled it's blank, once the person picks up the phone the timer starts ... hope you get what I'm trying to say :)

I have been using k790 for the past two months and i tell you it is absolutely worth it . .the suprising thing is joystick is still ok. .even after hours of gaming. . The screen is small but better most other phones. . And battery life is quite good . You will get 3 days with moderate use
M2 cards are now available everywhere. . But the max is 1gb. .

SoulFire said:
nana ,try a nokia fone ull get wut i mean, what i meant was like u scroll thru ur addy n on a name u hit the green button so it comes like

"calling xfactor"

in nokia the moment it starts ringing(the call goes thru and the phopne is ringing on the other side) that "calling xfactor" turns to a "call" on teh screen

when picked up it shows " connected +91982xxxxx" and the timer begins

then you could jus pres the right top button to go2 loudspeaker mode ( very handy), lets see how many actually understand what i mean:bleh:

hey sould fire i got what you mean.

I used both nokia fones and SE k800i.

well in nokia when u call a person once it starts ringing the calling xyz cganges to call in the screen.

But in SE even when the fone starts ringing it still remains Calling XYZ on the screen.

Hope i answered your question.

Its looks like a trivial feature but canbe very useful when u wanna give a missed call to a person in classroom without the prof catching you...haha

no more suggestions ?17k for k790i here 15 would be my budget max but im wonderin k759i cam is better than n72 rite ? leavin aside the video recording

Back