PC Peripherals Suggestion invited for a 1hour back up UPS

Hi everyone , I am confused with buying a UPS .

Currently i am using Microtek Double battery 800VA UPS , and my current rig is

Asus P5KPL-AM/PS MOBO | Intel P4 3.0GHZ | Nvidia 6600 | Creative SoundBlaster Audigy 2ZS | 80GB HDD | 3GB Kingston RAM | Sony DVD writer | Samsung DVD ROM | Logitech wireless Keyboard and MOUSE | 1TB External WD HDD | Benq 17" LCD FP71E+ |

All these components are powered with CPU .

And CPU , LCD , External HDD and MTNL Wi-fi Modem are connected through the UPS . Everything is running fine but it dies giving me back up of max 25-30 minutes . In my place electricity cut is max for one hour at a stretch . So i am in need to buy a new UPS that can provide me with a backup of almost 1.5 hrs

Pls suggest best possible options .

I have shortlisted these two till yet :-

* * UPS-1000VA

4 Battery Inside

* * UPS-1000VA/12V

External Battery

Both are from microtek . Pls suggest me a few more .

If u need 1 hour backup go for 1000VA or 1100VA, I would recommend APC over Microtek. But for low-end systems like yours Microtek should be fine.

anubhav2345 said:
All these components are powered with CPU.
lol..all components are powered by the power supply. not the cpu..

Hitman said:
If u need 1 hour backup go for 1000VA or 1100VA, I would recommend APC over Microtek. But for low-end systems like yours Microtek should be fine.
lol..all components are powered by the power supply. not the cpu..

huh...mine is a low end system ????
i m tensed now .. will hv to upgrade it now ...lol

Go for APC, reliable brand, decent onsite support. 1000VA should suffice, if in doubt call up their call center and they should be able to guide you for sizing and local auth. dealers in your area.

thanks axeman , i ill surely do that .

Well this time i was willing to go for ONLINE UPS , I know da concept about them . But do we really need online UPS in home computing or shall i go with the normal LINE INTERACTIVE UPS ??

axeman said:
Go for APC, reliable brand, decent onsite support. 1000VA should suffice, if in doubt call up their call center and they should be able to guide you for sizing and local auth. dealers in your area.

+1 to that. I've been using the RS1000 model from APC. Used to give me about 30-32 minutes for my rig. Added additionally back-up battery to take this up 3x.

You can negotiate to a decent extent (~15%) with APC Dealers, make a sob story - student etc - and they might make a decent offer. But this being summer (peak UPS/ Inverter buying frenzy), you would need to try atleast with 2/3 dealers.

Back