PC Peripherals Suggestion on PSU

xerocool

Disciple
m almost done with this rig ...problem is i had decided on stock gfx earlier ..later got a better deal so option for gtx275 oc verison zotac amp that is

now the site says it needs 550w for stable run ...m confused here .is it only the gfx or the entire system that would require 550w ??? :S

my config
i7 920 + mobo + ddr3 rams
case -antec900 ( with those led fans 4 fans nd ccfl)
heat sink
zotac gtx275 amp "oc" gfx card
650w glacialtech psu (80+ efficiency)
razer lycosa nd copperhead

guys pweej help me on this ..have to make a decision fast ..will this config work on 650w stable ?? or do i have to get more :huh: :(

Specs r just specs.

Entire PC power consumption.

Good quality 500W~ PSU can handle above rig without a hitch, VX 450W easily handles 4890/275 + C2Q rig.

Watt is just label, check reviews, make sure quality parts are used, and it can sustain higher loads for long time without failure.

GP AL650AA is the best one under 5k, even better than the HX 520 and VX 450 for sure.

But Corsair has 5 yrs warranty for VX and HX series. But u wont be needing that much warranty is the PSU is really good.

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/707/7

the load testing results are far better than the HX 520. It can take up loads upto 730W @ 82.5% efficiency.

AT about 500W load, its 87% efficient, which is really commendable, VX 450 and HX 520 is far behind.

The noise factor too is slightly better than the HX520.

i have the same PSU and had no problem with my GTX 260, but if plan to go SLI later, i would suggest going for something better, i am not able to run my GTS250 SLI with this PSU :(

soumalidon said:
i have the same PSU and had no problem with my GTX 260, but if plan to go SLI later, i would suggest going for something better, i am not able to run my GTS250 SLI with this PSU :(

it should meet the power requiremens easily.........Sure it dosent run 2 X GTS 250??

IMO the 2 year warranty on the GlacialTech650 is a big let down. A Corsair 550+ watts PSU should keep you good for a few years to come.

well my system shuts down when i enter a game but runs fine in windows, and its not overheating since it shuts down within seconds of entering a game, but the cards run fine individually (non SLI) so it has to the PSU :( even i though this PSU would be able to handle GTS 250 SLI :( or maybe its jus my piece. Anyhow thats my experience with it. I m just gonna get a TX750 and be happy :)

Back