Audio suggestion on speakers required for home setup

intacto

Adept
i am planning to get a media player and want 5.1 or 2.1 speakers for my lcd tv.....main purpose is for watching hd movies....

so which speakers to buy???

the budget is ard 7K.

Please provide inputs, as I am also looking for the same setup
intacto said:
i am planning to get a media player and want 5.1 or 2.1 speakers for my lcd tv.....main purpose is for watching hd movies....

the budget is ard 7K.

intacto said:

the budget is ard 7K.

since u would need something with optical in...look at offering from philips, panasonic, and sony...take their ht setup's but u will have to increase ur budget to at least 10k for a decent setup

I highly recommend you the edifier da5000pro speaker system they are very excellent, satellite speakers are sealed like bookshelf speakers this will avoid resonance and give you a real mid and treble also the subwoofer is powered at 60watts it will blow you and it is available at a very good price at lynx india

^ @ Manu.. appreciate your suggestions but dont do SPAMMED MARKETING OF LYNX-INDIA! Ppl know where to buy and from whom to buy.. if they dont will msg here.. spammed marketing is not needed and appreciated.

Now am in the same situation but in my case am not connecting to any media player. I want it to connect to my PC with onboard HD Realtek 7.1 audio. Currently am on Inspire 4.1 speaker system and i wana move on to good speakers.. my budget is strictly @ 7k. Logitech X-540 seems way too old and have availability issue.. (not all have it in stock and no new stock since months). Edifier c2 was on my list but dont really wana go for 2.1 speakers. Need 5.1 only. Can somebody put lights on good speakers for my budget and suitable for my scenario? Plus someone said X-540 is for 5k.. which i really doubt. Its more than tht.

Can someone also put some lights on other brands like Philips, Panasonic etc.. i like BASS and i need BASS. Preferably would appreciate if the speaker has a wired volume control centre and a REMOTE CONTROLLER. Dont want LCD panel blings on the speakers.

it's true x540 can get at 5k and I am really sorry I don't mean a spam marketing I found big banners of edifier speakers in lynx india, so I said it

Okay so its good tht X-540 is for 5k.. i enquired in my area and its something between 5k-5.5k. So now assuming that X-540 is for max 5.5k.. what are the other options to go for till 7k? Plus keeping in mind that i'll be using it on onboard Realtek HD 7.1 audio.

^^ how about Altec Lansing FX5051, they too looks good & have impressive specs but they are 1 k more than your budget.
Check the price at your location, if you can get it for ~ 7-7.5 K.

^^ didn't heard them personally but when I was searching for 5.1's for myself I had read some reviews & per them they are good.
But at that time they were just released, so didn't get them in India.

Okay just spoke to dealers and distri.. FX5051 bandh ho gaya hain. lol. No more available. X-540 too available only after ordering them.. not ready in stock.

ohh no i am becoming ghajini nowadays...totally forgot about this thread...lol

i basically require speakers for my mediaplayer so i req one with optical in and only z5500 is available in speakers which costs 15k which is not in my budget.....

and below 10k there are onlt some HT available which have optical in so am looking for them now.....but i actually have a dvdplayer so thinkin will it b worth getin a HT which also will have dvd player.

i ahve shorlisted some HT players under 10k(courtesy user praks)..here they are

Samsung HT-Z220

LG HT 502

LG HT 604

LG HT 924SF

Philips HTS 3371

Philips HTS 3571

^ Also put approx price next to each model. Would be helpfull..

Any idea on these speakers from Creative anyone?

Creative Inspire M4500
Creative Inspire T6160
Creative Inspire T6200
Creative Inspire T6060
Creative Inspire T7900 7.1
GigaWorks G500
GigaWorks G550W

Also where the hell can i go in mumbai to get hands on audio experience of these speakers..!! Croma and Hypercity sometimes have them but dont really know if they have any of these now.

b00gieMan said:
Okay just spoke to dealers and distri.. FX5051 bandh ho gaya hain. lol. No more available. X-540 too available only after ordering them.. not ready in stock.

They are still listed on primeabgb for 8.2k , contact them if they are available.
b00gieMan said:
^ Also put approx price next to each model. Would be helpfull..

Any idea on these speakers from Creative anyone?

Creative Inspire M4500
Creative Inspire T6160
Creative Inspire T6200
Creative Inspire T6060
Creative Inspire T7900 7.1
GigaWorks G500
GigaWorks G550W

Also where the hell can i go in mumbai to get hands on audio experience of these speakers..!! Croma and Hypercity sometimes have them but dont really know if they have any of these now.
few of them are listed on prime site , as far as hands on experience is concerned , I have auditioned X540 in hypercity vashi, didn't check the creative models though.

Okay so i'll be going to Hypercity malad soon.. 2ndly no.. Prime's website pricing are humbug.. not all are exact. Those jerks dont even know whats there in their stock and it takes almost half day to check... anyway have mailed them.. lets see what al they have.. once i get the mail i'll paste the pricing here.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

BTW, how did u find X540 in person? what was your sound source? some PC or ur cell fone or ipod? :S How're those speakers to use if u connect them to the pc with onboard Realtek HD 7.1 audio? I want speakers to be powerfull enough that i blasts my room / living room even when connected to onboard audio (realtek HD 7.1) with no equalizer manipulation done in the sound software control panel.. u getting what am i talking about?

Back