Monitors Suggestion regarding Monitor for Photo Editing

src2206

Adept
Hello friends

I intended to buy a monitor primarily for editing photo. 19"-20" WS would suffice. Could you please suggest some models? Price range preferably <=5-5.5K

Thanks!

Thanks ALPHA17...is this the only low-cost IPS panel available? Is there no sub-10K IPS? Sorry, but I'm bit cash strapped for now

^

Thats the lowest cost IPS available out there. Save up some money and got for the Dell U2311H only, excellent monitor and I am loving it every second.

:)

^^ Seems to be a great piece of hardware :), what is the pricing.

simforgotten said:
^

You can go for it, same E-IPS panel is used in both of the models.
Bruv the Dell Ultrasharp U2311H uses a S-IPS panel not e-IPS.

ALPHA17 said:
^^ Seems to be a great piece of hardware :), what is the pricing.
Bruv the Dell Ultrasharp U2311H uses a S-IPS panel not e-IPS.
U2311H uses LM230WF2 e-IPS Panel. All the cheaper Ultrasharps use e-IPS only. U2410 and U2711 use H-IPS Panels. The newer U series releases including the U2410 successor use e-IPS panels. I don't know of any Ultrasharp that uses S-IPS these days.

Crazy_Eddy said:
^ PVA panel in that one.
Nope, it is again a case of panel lottery. I am using one on the desk right now and just verified that it uses the LG.Philips S-IPS panel. :)

And this panel is not more than a year old since it shipped with the Precision workstation.

Gannu said:
Nope, it is again a case of panel lottery.

Let me correct myself to say - high chance of PVA on that one :p

I assumed they had switched to exclusive PVA since last I recall, the official specs on the Dell India site mentioned PVA.

Crazy_Eddy said:
Let me correct myself to say - high chance of PVA on that one :p
Makes more sense now. :)

The panel was changed to PVA and that's why I stressed on the 1 year part on my post. In fact, a bunch of 2007 FP displays here which were bought circa 2010 have the IPS panels. Fortunate. :p

What about LED panels? There seem to so,e available <10K from AOC and others. Should I even bother considering those for the nature of use I intend to put the panel in?

^^ No it is not LED panels, they are LED back-lit TN panels, LED panels have better brightness in contrast (pun intended) to standard CCFL (Cold Cathode Fluorescence Lamp) back-lit TN panels also there is a difference in energy consumption and overall efficiency of the monitor.

Please keep in mind that there is no LED monitor, it is an LED back-lit monitor with respective panel technology (TN, PVA, IPS). Some interesting reads on this topic --

Backlight - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

LED-backlit LCD television - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hope this clears the air on this topic.

It sure does...

So it boils down to the fact that IPS is the panel that I should go for or a new 17" CRT if available (I think BenQ still makes one model) as CRT produces colors truer than cheap TN LCDs

Thanks again...

Ok guys

Got myself a shining new LG IPS225V from 9.3K (all inclusive)....lovely color, though low on additional features...

I know it's an old thread, but I am updating it just in case someone else also get some help from the info posted here....

Back