suggestions- budget accomodation in Goa

Blugene

Adept
Hi,

I am planning for a breather/vacation trip with a grp of frnds @goa next weekend(coinciding with diwali holidays). Though i have been there twice earlier(2004&06), i havent had to search for accomodation as it was pre-arranged by frnds/colleagues.Unfortunately this time arnd, its a bit late for me to get some acco arranged using official means. office guest house/holiday homes are prebooked at least 2-3moths in advance.

I'm sure many of you who have been to goa must have had the experience of hunting for/availing some form of accommodation facility(guest house/shack/hotel/hut etc.) there...would greatly appreciate if u cud share ur experiences/suggest some accommodation options that are convenient, decent and preferably budget oriented(say arnd 1-1.5k/day for 2-3ppl) with anticipated rush during the holiday period. best would be to get some acco in north goa.

Duration of stay wud be for abt 4 days from 25th-28th oct.

besides, how good are the hotels listed on yatra/travel guru etc. we are wary of the price they are being offered at. Have no idea whether the rates offered thru these sites are overstated. are hotel booking thru sites any good?

@anish: i wanted to know what places you'd recommend to visit in goa. to be a little more specific, places to check out local cuisine, pubs, clubs and beaches. Also locations that are known for their holiday-specific events like, say, new years, etc.

Buy "The Lonely Planet" it has details of all good hotels. The book has not been published by any advertiser! Only travellers FTW!

Back