PC Peripherals Suggestions for 1KVA UPS

Gryph0n

Adept
My HP Premium 800VA UPS seems to have gone kaput. I'm thinking of getting a 1KVA UPS. Please suggest some good products available at Bengalooru. My personal inclination is towards APC.

I am aware of many prior posts on this topic, but my main concern is regarding the compatibility with my Corsair HX620 PSU.

I remember that quite some time earlier, certain UPS's had trouble giving a proper sine wave (I think), and hence caused issues with the Corsair HX620 & VX450 PSUs.

The other concern is the ease of replacing the battery. Due to frequent power cuts, I've seen all my batteries running down in the span of about a year. So, a product that allows easy access for battery replacement would be nice.

Inputs about the prices are welcome too :eek:hyeah:

I've been using an APC BR RS 1000 VA UPS for more than an year with my Corsair VX550. No problems thus far. No need to replace battery either, gives me 25-30 mins still. Would recommend it.

Yep APC RS 1000 is pretty good using one now for around 3.5 years pretty good...... I also have the extended battery backup attached to the same for extended backup time.

@funtoon, @letmein

Thanks for the recommendations. Can you please let me know how much you paid for the UPS ?

@vivacious_tg

It feels a bit expensive to me, but will keep it in consideration if I'm not able to source the RS 1000.

OP,

your main concern was UPS compatibility with Active PFC PSU's. Hence I suggested the pure sine wave UPS. If you are on tight budget and don't have much load or need minimum back up time take a look at APC SUA 750i which will be available around 7-8K

Gryph0n said:
@funtoon, @letmein

Thanks for the recommendations. Can you please let me know how much you paid for the UPS ?

I bought it a couple of years ago and at that time it was around Rs 6,500 do not recall how much I paid for the extra battery pack.

Microtek 800VA works with VX 450 perfectly...no compatibility issues with the corsair...if you find APC expensive you can go for microtek.Also APC RS series will go kaput if voltage fluctuates a lot (mine got replaced over ten times due to this).

APC Smart UPS series are kind of industrial standard UPS. The investment that you make on it will stand for long time than going in for some cheap brands. More over battery life is really long in smart UPS series than compared to any other UPS. I have it for about 3 yrs now and its working absolutely fine.

Back