Suggestions For 32/40 Inch HDTV

My location = Murugeshpalya , Bangalore

1. Budget.

Around 30k , max upto 36k if its super good ..

2. Viewing distance.

4-6 feet

3. Sources/inputs such as HD DTH/consoles/stand-alone media players etc.

Console support , but I guess all HDTV's support HDMI and so do the consoles ..

4. Preference for plasma TV/LCD TV/LED-LCD TV.

LED-LCD Preferred , no no for Plasma

5. Preference for brands.

Sony , ready for other brands also if the contrast ratio , colourfullness , etc are great and of course the warranty support .

6. Willing to purchase it from the grey market?

No

7. Ambient lighting conditions of the room.

The room is on the darker side , as it doesn't faces direct sunlight .
Using one tubelight/one CFL , thats it ..

8. Any other feature you are looking for such as 3D support on the HDTV, DLNA capabilities etc.

None

Thanks Guys

Also please suggest in both categories , 32 or 40 inches ..

And does 40 inches over 32 inches make a difference ?? (viewing distance 4-7 feet)
Thanks !

I went and saw a few models at Croma last week. The models I saw included Sony, Samsung, LG, Toshiba and Croma. I felt the best viewing angles and natural color reproduction was that of the LG. It was the 32" LN54 series model and cost at Croma was 35k, so you should be able to get it for cheaper elsewhere.

I also have the same requirements. I have shortlisted below models. Other members are requested to provide feedback about these models:

32 inch
LG 32LS4600 LED Full HD 32k
Samsung 32EH4003 HD ready LED 27k

40 and 42 inch
SAMSUNG UA40EH6000R 40-Inch Full HD LED 36k
Samsung 42eh5000 LED Full HD 38k

I also have the same requirements. I have shortlisted below models. Other members are requested to provide feedback about these models:

32 inch
LG 32LS4600 LED Full HD 32k
Samsung 32EH4003 HD ready LED 27k

40 and 42 inch
SAMSUNG UA40EH6000R 40-Inch Full HD LED 36k
Samsung 42eh5000 LED Full HD 38k

from where are you getting eh6000r at 36k ??
the problem with samsung is that , you are on a bet with S-PVA and other panels ..
only S-PVA panels are best .. Sony generally provides S-PVA always .. so no gambling with sony .

There is also the gorgeous Sony Bravia W650 and higher models available in 32 and 40 inches. Check them out. In fact at their lower parel outlet @ phoenix Mills Sony were offering a superb discount in exchange for any old Bravia model (and this one was a really old LCD model with our family), better than what Croma or any other outlet offers for exchange (Sony obviously is driving brand loyalty by ensuring a higher exchange value)

So check it out too. The design and PQ was superb.. though the sound might need some tweaking.

I bought the LG LS4600 32" last October for about 31k odd... can highly recommend it! Great PQ, decent SQ (though don't expect it to push out at top levels all the time or you risk tinning the speakers), sleek design and thin frame, plays almost all formats of media i've tried directly via USB and is backed by great ASS from LG.

from where are you getting eh6000r at 36k ??
the problem with samsung is that , you are on a bet with S-PVA and other panels ..
only S-PVA panels are best .. Sony generally provides S-PVA always .. so no gambling with sony .

Its available in 36,999 at here
How to check that it have what kind of panel?
I checked in above link, I didn't even find panel keyword in that page.

Its available in 36,999 at here
How to check that it have what kind of panel?
I checked in above link, I didn't even find panel keyword in that page.

thats the problem the sticker is on the side and at the back of the tv .
it can only be seen when opened or when in mall , you can request people in mall to inform you about the version of the panel
from the sticker , some people have done that way ..

Anyways without opening its very hard to know ..
and getting other panels at that price is not good..

so i prefer sony.

please refer to this thread
http://www.techenclave.com/community/threads/hdtv-buying-advice-template.100645/

One of my friend also using LG LS4600 32". He is satisfied with PQ and tested different formats.
It is available on snapdeal in 30790 but sold out :(

Back