Monitors Suggestions for 4k gaming monitor

Neo G7 is 70k and 1000 dimming zones?

I don't game... Mostly stare at static content with occasional YouTube videos.

Will this VA panel look good with dark mode UI?

I really want OLED 32 inch 4k but not yet ready to shell out the money and wary of burn in.

Neo G7 is 70k and 1000 dimming zones?

I don't game... Mostly stare at static content with occasional YouTube videos.

Will this VA panel look good with dark mode UI?

I really want OLED 32 inch 4k but not yet ready to shell out the money and wary of burn in.
Sadly 32" 4K 120Hz OLED monitor doesn't exist. So Neo G7 is the next best option IMO. FALD zones help with HDR videos only as far as I know. Be wary of curve of Samsung G7, but my friend got used to the curve in few days. The curve is bad for video/pic editing works.

More suggestions , recommendations?
As the others have mentioned, LG C2 OLED is the best 4k display you can get. Its size and moderate risk of burn-in are its only cons.
It is a TV, but is usable as a desktop monitor if you can manage with its size. For console gaming it is the best.
Unfortunately smaller monitors are still LCDs.

If you want acceptable level of HDR - Samsung Neo G7 has better than average HDR and has good performance, but is not on the same level as the C2. Also it is curved.

If you don't care much about HDR - Gigabyte M28U/M32U, Samsung Odyssey G7 S28 (this one is flat), LG 27GN950, Asus Tuf VG28. These options can't come close to the LG C2 and other OLED displays though.

Last edited:
As the others have mentioned, LG C2 OLED is the best 4k display you can get. Its size and moderate risk of burn-in are its only cons.
It is a TV, but is usable as a desktop monitor if you can manage with its size. For console gaming it is the best.
Unfortunately smaller monitors are still LCDs.

If you want acceptable level of HDR - Samsung Neo G7 has better than average HDR and has good performance, but is not on the same level as the C2. Also it is curved.

If you don't care much about HDR - Gigabyte M28U/M32U, Samsung Odyssey G7 S28 (this one is flat), LG 27GN950, Asus Tuf VG28. These options can't come close to the LG C2 and other OLED displays though.
Can you use it for pc gaming ? I play mostly apex legends

Can you use it for pc gaming ? I play mostly apex legends
You can, yes. A lot of people use the C1/C2 as a desktop monitor.
Gaming is one of its strong suits owing to its unbeatable response and HDR performance.

There are some compromises though-
1. Its huge size means that you need a deep desk to get a comfortable viewing distance.
2. It's a bit difficult to get a good viewing distance. Most of the time I see people looking at it from too close.
3. If you use it on the desktop a lot, there is a risk of burn in. Panels are improved and have anti burn in tech, but the problem is not entirely solved.
4. The auto brightness feature dims the screen if you open something bright which uses a large part of the display (like a folder when using light theme in windows).
You can get around it, but it apparently voids warranty.
5. No adjustability with the stand at all as it is a TV.

Last edited:
Guys how is the asus rog swift PG32UQ 32 inch 4k 144hz gaming monitor?
Watch these & decide. Very expensive IMO w/o multiple zones for proper HDR viewing, forget HDR, does not have good response times & no single overdrive mode as well. Chart-topping Rec 2020 coverage though. Samsung Neo G7 seems better to me for gaming & multimedia, cheaper as well.

I don’t wanted curved display … how is lg32gq950b or asus rog swift pg42uq?
Not much idea, will rate LG inferior because of poor contrast ratio of their nano IPS panels. Check reviews by rtings.com & Hardware Unboxed.

What are their prices in India to begin with?

If you are willing to go 42" - LG C2 is an easy choice (just use some preventions to keep burn in in check for OLEDs).

My friend with Samsung G7 got used to curve in a few days, just saying.

Curved is not good for eyes I did try curved for 6 months and then sold out. Also c2 is 120hz and burn is a big problem
Burn is *not* a *big* problem. OLEDs have advanced so much. With minimal one time precautions you are set for several years. Myself a CX 55" user for over 2 years as office work screen(more on time, atleast 8 hours on weekdays), gaming screen and streaming screen

Back